Anyone see musicdirec.com/American Express ad?

Salt Peanuts

Haha.. the name Music Direct brings back old memories.

"http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/45-gs1000-pads-only-4-a-225414/"

Ever since the event in the thread linked above, I've been on their mailing group. They keep sending me random newsletters with stuff like LP records and what not that I have no use for right now.

I didn't know that were that large in the States to have TV ads. I wish they gave me the $4x5 GS1000 pads (value of $45) I ordered... sucks =\

Haha.. the name Music Direct brings back old memories.

"http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/45-gs1000-pads-only-4-a-225414/"

Ever since the event in the thread linked above, I've been on their mailing group. They keep sending me random newsletters with stuff like LP records and what not that I have no use for right now.

I didn't know that were that large in the States to have TV ads. I wish they gave me the $4x5 GS1000 pads (value of $45) I ordered... sucks =\

:mikey1::mikey2::horsey::stick::rock::stick::horsey::mikey2::mikey1:

never quite understood the dislike for K701s =\

And they're not exactly the prettiest cans out there - they could have looked so much better with darker finish, or black finish like 601's. Then again, AKG's last flagship model wasn't exactly a beauty pageant either.

to bad Music Direct really does not look like that with the pretty display case and all..

Didn't know they actually had a store front - I thought they were strictly an internet enterprise.

I heard they changed this in recent months but it used to be just a open studio like warehouse with all their records and cds they have in stock open to the public. you could browse but it was by record label i think..in other words you needed a catalog or know the label and the name of the artist. in the front section they had their desks they took orders from or did all their work on..funny part is they would also ring you up there and they always asked if you needed help but you feel weird the first time there cause you feel like your disturbing someone in an office for help instead of a salesmen. their gear was located in the shipping area towards the back of the building but i never seen the back..hell not sure if they let people back there or not...probably did/do.

on the right of the huge open room was a small demo setup with lot's of out of print Hoffman and other cds just for demo...yes Ryan and i tried to buy them but no luck. they also have the open vinyl here and this was the best deal in the house to be honest, mint and i mean mint new stock vinyl opened for so cheap!! usually they have about three crates of it on a table. they also had their demo rack where all the stuff on their clearance or demo/open box section of their website was.

Great people there with a no sales pitch attitude! like i said you felt more like you were bothering them then being sold on something. if you had questions they would walk you to the item and they spent shit loads of time helping you with advice and really real advice it was/is...not a sales pitch type.

there is no sign on the front and the building looks like nothing on the outside with just Chicago Street parking right in front.

i heard they moved the records and cds in the back or something since i last been there, there is a thread on headfi about it somewhere...

a must visit place if your in Chicago! truely different hifi buying experience!