Political discussion, including, but not limited to, the Iraq war and Bush II

tyrion

No. Far from it. But I dont really care who becomes pres anymore.

They all suck ass imo.

Unfortunately, it was people with attitudes like that which got us the idiot we've had now for 7 years. Don't misunderstand, I know what you are saying but at least there are two candidates that will do things a bit differently than they've been done for the last 7 years. Again, not perfect but certainly an improvement. Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you like that but I hate when I hear people talk like this because if something doesn't change, things will be even worse than they are now, especially if a Republican gets to appoint more Justices to the Supreme Court.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it was people with attitudes like that which got us the idiot we've had now for 7 years. Don't misunderstand, I know what you are saying but at least there are two candidates that will do things a bit differently than they've been done for the last 7 years. Again, not perfect but certainly an improvement. Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you like that but I hate when I hear people talk like this because if something doesn't change, things will be even worse than they are now, especially if a Republican gets to appoint more Justices to the Supreme Court.

Guess this is a bad time to mention I'm Republican. ;)

True. Pelosi didnt have to be in Congress. :)

That's right, she is the cause of everything that's happened in the last 7 years. Believe me, I'm not a fan but I would take a hundred Pelosi's in Congress if I could get rid of one Bush. I would blindfolded pick someone out of a phone book and substitute them for Bush and things couldn't be as bad as they have been. Who knows, maybe all that's going on today is working out for you. I know I make more money today than I did 7 years ago but I recognize I am one of the lucky ones. I'm also willing to give some of that up to help some others.

No. Far from it. But I dont really care who becomes pres anymore.

They all suck ass imo.

i was just being a smart ass. i don't like any of the candidates either, but i'll pick the one i feel is the best choice. i thought that vid was a cool montage more than anything else.

Guess this is a bad time to mention I'm Republican. ;)

me too, though, i always vote for the candidate i like regardless of party affiliation. in the primary i voted for ron paul.

That, imo, there are two basic methods of thought process and decision making; those based on emotion, and those based on facts.

The emotional orientated person would tend to be anti war, because of the guilt and sorrow for fallen soldiers. The person who focuses on facts would tend to evaluate the future implications of fighting and not fighting in a war. Now obviously that doesnt mean all dems hate war and all reps love war, its just a gross over generalization.

And I like my hard earned income to remain in my hands. I want a smaller government that doesnt exist to simply feed itself and grow bigger, and tell me how to live my life. And above all else, I pretty much just want to go to work, get my money and have every one leave me the fuck alone :)

Its a sick sad world, ain't it :)

All it means, is basically I like to base decisions on facts, not emotion and delusions of grandeur. Oh and I hate paying taxes to lazy freeloaders. I fucking hate it. :)

I wonder if those facts your talking about are the same ones that got us into Irag, 4000 soldiers dead, 30,000 wounded and who knows how many Iraqis dead, some say as many as 655,000. All while Osama is out there and Afganistan is as bad as it was when we went in.

And I like my hard earned income to remain in my hands. I want a smaller government that doesnt exist to simply feed itself and grow bigger, and tell me how to live my life. And above all else, I pretty much just want to go to work, get my money and have every one leave me the fuck alone.

Then you don't want this Republican party because govenment is bigger, you have less privacy, and unless you are very wealthy, you taking home less of that hard earned money.

DEEPAK FOR SURGEON GENERAL

You got my vote.

That's right, she is the cause of everything that's happened in the last 7 years. Believe me, I'm not a fan but I would take a hundred Pelosi's in Congress if I could get rid of one Bush. I would blindfolded pick someone out of a phone book and substitute them for Bush and things couldn't be as bad as they have been. Who knows, maybe all that's going on today is working out for you. I know I make more money today than I did 7 years ago but I recognize I am one of the lucky ones. I'm also willing to give some of that up to help some others.

I certainly understand the widespread Bush bashing, but he really isnt quite as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He simply is one of the most stubborn sombitches to ever take office. He decided soon after 911 that he was going to spend a lot of money and focus on the war on terror, and no one has been able to talk him out of it, including many Republicans. From what I've read, he believed the scenario was to either spend a lot now, or spend untold amounts later.

I dont agree with many of his decisions, but he is far from the worst President.

People really do tend to memorize the Left's rhetoric and regurgitate it constantly. Everyone hates Bush because he wont end the war, despite public outcry. Do you realize if we based our withdraws on public outcry, Lincoln would have ended the Civil War? He was fiercely hated by many at the time. He tends to have a positive aurora about him now though.

I certainly understand the widespread Bush bashing, but he really isnt quite as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He simply is one of the most stubborn sombitches to ever take office. He decided soon after 911 that he was going to spend a lot of money and focus on the war on terror, and no one has been able to talk him out of it, including many Republicans. From what I've read, he believed the scenario was to either spend a lot now, or spend untold amounts later.

I dont agree with many of his decisions, but he is far from the worst President.

People really do tend to memorize the Left's rhetoric and regurgitate it constantly. Everyone hates Bush because he wont end the war, despite public outcry. Do you realize if we based our withdraws on public outcry, Lincoln would have ended the Civil War? He was fiercely hated by many at the time. He tends to have a positive aurora about him now though.

I only wish he would fight the war on terror. I hate Bush because he started the war.

I wonder if those facts your talking about are the same ones that got into Irag, 4000 soldiers dead, 30,000 wounded and who knows how many Iraqis dead, some say as many as 655,000. All while Osama is out there and Afganistan is as bad as it was when we went in.

Then you don't want this Republican party because govenment is bigger, you have less privacy, and unless you are very wealthy, you taking home less of that hard earned money.

You got my vote.

There are certainly people I'd rather see in power than Bush.

As for Iraq, I tell people this; I'm happy we went in. Did we find WMD? No. Was it proven that Saddam tried to get WMD? Yes. The fact that he was tricked doesnt make him any less of a criminal imo. I also dont put much stock in the U.N.'s findings, regarding their search for WMD. They tend to be fairly biased against the U.S. and submitted rather easily to Saddam. Oh and thats not to mention the 13 times Saddam violated the treaty while Clinton was in office. 13 times, each of which provided us with more than enough cause to remove him.

There are certainly people I'd rather see in power than Bush.

As for Iraq, I tell people this; I'm happy we went in. Did we find WMD? No. Was it proven that Saddam tried to get WMD? Yes. The fact that he was tricked doesnt make him any less of a criminal imo. I also dont put much stock in the U.N.'s findings, regarding their search for WMD. They tend to be fairly biased against the U.S. and submitted rather easily to Saddam. Oh and thats not to mention the 13 times Saddam violated the treaty while Clinton was in office. 13 times, each of which provided us with more than enough cause to remove him.

And meanwhile, the reason there were not WMD, is because of what was done when Clinton was in office. Iraq was no threat to us. Are you old enough to fight because if so, get your ass over there and then I'll believe that you mean what you just said. I'm not a fan of the UN either but the fact is there were no WMD and the reason is that they were destroyed as a result of the inspections. Just think what we could have done in Afghanistan if we just had a 1/3 of the troops we have in Iraq.

Here is something to mull over: How would John fucking Kerry have handled 911? Or Edwards?

I rest my case.

They wouldn't have sat in a classroom reading My Pet Goat with that dumb look on their faces after being told a second plane hit the WTC. Maybe, when they received the briefing in August that essentially said, this was coming, they might not have ignored it and focused on Iraq, a country that we emasculated.

I thought Hillary was wrong then. I was against it from the beginning.

Reks, I was all for Afghanistan, but he fucked it up big time.

At least John Kerry served this country, unlike the fool we have in there now.

Afghanistan was warranted to some extent. Iraq was just Teddy Roosevelt, pick up where Daddy screwed up and left off, imperialism because Saddam was the kind of vicious dictator we DON'T like. Of course, we have installed many fucking brutal bastards over the years trying to influence other countries, but if they spout "democracy" lingo then so what if they maim and kill their population? I am not exactly an isolationist, or anything, but Iraq was idiotic and gung-ho and is costing up billions upon trillions of dollars for NOTHING. We cannot win and as soon as a Democrat wins this election and figures out some way to pull out, that mess will revert to all-out anarchy and fundamentalism and tribal in-fighting.

Man, these last couple cocktails are going to my head, but I believe every word and thank Allah that I am not on HF where this topic would be verboten.