Political discussion, including, but not limited to, the Iraq war and Bush II

tyrion

i'm completely against universal healthcare. what the fuck is it with the united states and being so damn backwards? it's not working in europe, it's not working in canada, and it's not working in japan. in fact, it's failed in many countries, yet we still want this institution? give me a fucking break

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm completely against universal healthcare. what the fuck is it with the united states and being so damn backwards? it's not working in europe, it's not working in canada, and it's not working in japan. in fact, it's failed in many countries, yet we still want this institution? give me a fucking break

I'll tell you why its popular, and it goes back to one of my original posts; many democrats feed off of emotion and grandeur. The politicians dont give a shit; they are simply whores saying whatever will get them into power.

You ever hear Obama speak? An incredibly smart sounding, charismatic man. But he doesnt actually say anything of substance. Its just verbal masturbation.

Nobody gives a shit anymore.

Look at the police; they are not here to protect and serve, they are here to uphold the law. To keep the government in power. They do try to keep people alive, because if we die, they have to take a pay cut. :D

Who you calling we, white man?

I'm just curious because I don't think I have another fight in me tonight but what's so good about our current healthcare system?

I'm just curious because I don't think I have another fight in me tonight but what's so good about our current healthcare system?

i'm not saying that our current health care system is perfect, it's far from it. but when you got shit like this happening with universal health care, you know it's not working

I have rheumatoid arthritis, and it is an automatic disqualification for many heath insurance programs. I had to get a special coverage temporarily (long story). Now that I work at a science based non profit org, I have good coverage. Didnt cost tax payers a dime :)

RA? Man I'm sorry, how long have you had it? My ex-girlfriend had RA first, then it changed to lupus.

:doghuh:

we as in America

So far at least less than half of the voting population believes in universal health care, thank god. I don't think that'll change in the next election cycle

Mike,

As to what's good about our current system, ask the canadians that come here for health care. What's good is that we have the best and the brightest working on making things better. Unfortunately, not everyone gets the best coverage, but on the whole, people mostly get what they need, at the very least. Ask the english and the canadians if they'd like the option of paying for care out of pocket if given the chance.

I'd argue that your profession is at least partly to blame for the state of health insurance in this country, not to mention the cost of health care. Medical malpractice has gotten out of hand, driving good doctors out of business for lack of the ability to pay insurance premiums. Doctors are stuck spending more time covering their asses rather than trying to cure people. But I'm going to bed, so this is a debate that will be for another time. And not canjam :)

i'm not saying that our current health care system is perfect, it's far from it. but when you got shit like this happening with universal health care, you know it's not working

Do you believe that that sort of thing doesn't happen here? When was the last time you went to the ER to be treated and didn't have to wait a long time for all the people going there for there primary medical care because they have no insurance? I don't pretend to know the solution but there has got to be something better than what we have.

NightWoundsTime waited almost 3 months for his hernia surgery through insurance. Healthcare in the US is pretty good if you have insurance, not so good if you don't.

RA? Man I'm sorry, how long have you had it? My ex-girlfriend had RA first, then it changed to lupus.

I dont really know. I was only recently diagnosed. I used to get agonizing pain in my hands, when I was a cashier back in college. I just figured it was carpal tunnel and over working my joints from the bagging. I quit the job, and also had general remission of the pain, so I figured the bagging of groceries was the problem. Then it came back with a vengeance later, to the point where I could barely put on my socks. It has been unnoticeable for the most part for at least a year now. I await its return the way one looks forward to having their thumbs broken. :-[

But at least now I can get meds for it, rather than just "tough it out, pussy" as before. ::)

It only seems to be in my hands, so hopefully its not lupus. :o

The blood work and whatnot shows (im told) that it is indeed RA.

Do you believe that that sort of thing doesn't happen here? When was the last time you went to the ER to be treated and didn't have to wait a long time for all the people going there for there primary medical care because they have no insurance? I don't pretend to know the solution but there has got to be something better than what we have.

never had to go to the ER personally, however, i did do an internship in one during my junior year of college. what i can say is that, yes, people do wait, but at least people get treated in a timely fashion. the more severe cases go first, but most, if not all, people are seen by doctors.

lots of people go to the ER for little things, a cough or a headache. those people are lucky that they are seen for colds or headaches because they have insurance. imagine now that there is universal health care. imagine how many more people will be in the ER over little matters. that takes up doctor time that other people with more severe problems need.

But at least now I can get meds for it, rather than just "tough it out, pussy" as before. ::)

It only seems to be in my hands, so hopefully its not lupus. :o

The blood work and whatnot shows (im told) that it is indeed RA.

well i'm glad that it's not lupus, that's a whole other monster.

never had to go to the ER personally, however, i did do an internship in one during my junior year of college. what i can say is that, yes, people do wait, but at least people get treated in a timely fashion. the more severe cases go first, but most, if not all, people are seen by doctors.

lots of people go to the ER for little things, a cough or a headache. those people are lucky that they are seen for colds or headaches because they have insurance. imagine now that there is universal health care. imagine how many more people will be in the ER over little matters. that takes up doctor time that other people with more severe problems need.

If only you doctors could be better multitaskers. CHOP CHOP! :D

to be fair, if you haven't had a bad migraine (especially when one side of your body goes numb, you can't talk or write, and you see strange floating shapes and zig zags of static), you really don't know what you're missing out on. i really suggest trying them, at least once :)

heh, i haven't. migraines are serious. i'm talking regular little headaches. people come to the ER for tylenol.

to be fair, if you haven't had a bad migraine (especially when one side of your body goes numb, you can't talk or write, and you see strange floating shapes and zig zags of static), you really don't know what you're missing out on. i really suggest trying them, at least once :)

To date I have had one migraine, when I was around 13 or 14 years old. There was so much pressure in my skull I thought I had burst a blood vessel or something. I think I would take my RA over migraines any day, though mine only seems to affect my hands.