Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV

en480c4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thats crazy. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. "I can always sell it later" is the best justification for buying spendy limited edition vinyl box sets. ;)

I'm glad to hear someone here got the ultra-deluxe. I was hassling my friends to buy a copy yesterday. I came so close myself, but it was a bad week unfortunately. Not regretting the $75 pack though. Managed to pull down the Apple lossless download of it last night. I installed the new version of Speed Download for MacOS X for reliability, but forgot to turn off the "acceleration" options before going to do something else. It opened multiple connections to the server of course and when I came back five minutes later the ~600MB download was 97% complete and was coming down at 750Kbps (as fast as my broadband can do).

Even if it was recorded digitally, I agree with deepak that DDA's still sound better then their DDD counterparts. A great example of this is The Knife on vinyl. Holy cow that record sounds amazing on wax.

Oh? Are you referring to Silent Shout, Deep Cuts or something else? I love both of their albums so I see I need to spring for some vinyl here.

I'm not exactly a big fan of NiN (or Trent Reznor in general) but I really respect how he's gone about circumventing the major labels. I did download a copy (h/t tkam) and I'm going to listen to it with an open mind. If I like it, I'll cheerfully give him my cash. I wish more artists understood. We, as consumers, are willing to pay for digital downloads of sufficient quality (for me that means "FLAC") that are uncrippled by DRM or other such malarkey.

As I said in another thread, I've purchased FLACs from Music is Here on serveral occasions, and been very happy with their service. It's a shame sites like beatport and juno are so crappy.

• 5 weeks later...