UPS Sucks

n_maher

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It woulda been a happy ending, but he got charged $50, and didn't get fucked.

Hmmm, I never really thought about it like that.

In the end it's a pretty crappy situation for both of us but I have some confidence that as a result of his profession he may have better luck negotiating with UPS than I would have.

So what about the Hertsens?

Source chain goes like this:

SB3 ----> Hertsens DAC

or

Arcam ----> Hertsens DAC

All the Arcam does is read the info and feed the Hertsens a digital signal. It's a fine transport and I really should leave well enough alone. But I'm an idiot, love gadgets and had a hankering for a dedicated transport. I think my need for one has passed and I'll stick with what I've got that works. :)

Source chain goes like this:

SB3 ----> Hertsens DAC

or

Arcam ----> Hertsens DAC

All the Arcam does is read the info and feed the Hertsens a digital signal. It's a fine transport and I really should leave well enough alone. But I'm an idiot, love gadgets and had a hankering for a dedicated transport. I think my need for one has passed and I'll stick with what I've got that works. :)

Seems like a reasonable place to be. 'grats in any event Nate.

Can't say I blame you, but I was kind if hoping you'd build the new HiFiDIY transport, and tell us what's different.

Nah, no more top loading transports for me. And no because I had a pretty rough go of it with the first HiFiDIY transport, customs mangled the box and I was missing about half the fasteners for the kit. My luck with transports/cd/dvd players is epically bad.