Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Ah, ok.

Well, signal works with quite a few palmtops, not just the touch. The touch just happens to be the best one. I use the nokia770 with some success with signal.

so you waiting for a bigger capacity iTouch or a price drop? refurb 16 gb seems like a good deal

;)

I've already got a 1st gen nano and a shuffle and a palmtop and a motorola q and a laptop and a mac mini, and well, you get the point :)

I just don't listen mobile-ly enough yet to justify. And i'm hoping apple comes out with a bigger tablet.

I've already got a 1st gen nano and a shuffle and a palmtop and a motorola q and a laptop and a mac mini, and well, you get the point :)

I just don't listen mobile-ly enough yet to justify. And i'm hoping apple comes out with a bigger tablet.

damn, lots of electronics ;D

i hear you on the not listening enough mobilely part. i'm the opposite, hence why it confuses me as to why i keep a dedicated setup at all.

damn, lots of electronics ;D

i hear you on the not listening enough mobilely part. i'm the opposite, hence why it confuses me as to why i keep a dedicated setup at all.

I work at home, and have my full rig here in my office. Speakers, headphones, balanced amp, mac mini, etc. :)

So the Touch is doing everything I hoped it would. I was downstairs in my workshop doing some casework on a sigma11 when I realized that I'd lost my notes regarding the panel placement of a jack. Normally this would mean running up stairs to the computer to look at pictures, not anymore. Popped open safari, browsed to my pbase site and found the picture I needed and was able to zoom enough that I could see everything I need. Heck, I was even able to pop over to amb's site and look for a part number that I needed at the same time. Find me another mp3 player that can do that. :)

Shit, I didn't even know that the Touch could do wireless internet... cool! :)

Yeah, that was what really pushed me over the edge with it. It really is just a tiny computer and the display is big enough that I can watch things pretty comfortably. I even watched BSG the other day at the gym while running on the treadmill and it worked very well.

Yeah, that was what really pushed me over the edge with it. It really is just a tiny computer and the display is big enough that I can watch things pretty comfortably. I even watched BSG the other day at the gym while running on the treadmill and it worked very well.

i watch Meet The Press and Real Time with Bill Maher every week on my iPhone.

Not when you're close to filling up 80gb iPod with lossy files.

i find that i never get around to listening to even all the music that i put on my 8gb iPhone, and i really have no problem switching songs on it since I dock it every night. if you're one who likes to carry everything around, then i'd wait till they release a 64gb and the 32gb price drops.

Nate, what capacity did you end up getting? I've been thinking of selling my iPod & Palm but that $500 tag for 32gb is still bit high.

Haj, I ended up getting what I think was a great deal on a used 16GB ($280 shipped w/ a case). I made the decision beforehand that I would have to deal with periodically changing out music do to the size but that's as much a function of leaving adequate space for vids as anything. But really, the more I thought about that, it wasn't a big deal at all. My portable rig is never going to be my primary source so who care if I can't fit my whole library on there. If I can't find something good to listen to among the 2000 or so songs on there I've got bigger problems (metal issues). And I'll be hooking it up to the host computer often enough to change out the video content, update podcasts, etc. that I ended up not caring one bit. And like oj I'm convinced that before the year is over Apple will have upped the capacity/dropped the price enough that I can think about moving up with a lot less penalty. Heck, half of me is hoping they up the capacity so the sheep will dump used 32GB versions for less. :)