Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

and $180 early termination fee. Unless they waive it, but my understanding is they dont. I'm not 100% on that though.
What? To go from AT&T to...AT&T? I don't think so.

EDIT: Here is a breakdown -- it is my understanding that you will need to buy the phone again, and upgrade to a new plan (I.E. start another 2 year contract), but that's it.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

What? To go from AT&T to...AT&T? I don't think so.

EDIT: Here is a breakdown -- it is my understanding that you will need to buy the phone again, and upgrade to a new plan (I.E. start another 2 year contract), but that's it.

Dusty is correct. If you have an iphone and want to upgrade, you pay the upgrade price ($199 or $299) and a new 2 year contract. You keep the old iphone.

no, but that might be cheaper than getting it for full price which is what you have to do if you are currently under contract and not eligible for a phone upgrade.
I think they're making an exception for all current iPhone owners.

EDIT: And yes, when I said buy the phone again, I meant at the subsidized price.

As i said on headfi the iPhone 2.0 software is awesome! it is exactly like i said it would be, as in opening another few doors for Apples product.

the biggest and baddest App i used sofar on mine is the Itunes remote. something so badass as controlling your itunes files (all of them) from your phone anywhere in the house/business. the best thing about this App is it's free, no new hardware needed to buy or anything. last week over the holiday weekend i had to bartend and DJ at once, it's impossible to be in two places at once and i also been loosing out on keeping an eye on the Sales Floor when i am stuck behind the DJ Booth all these fridays anyway...well not anymore! bring a small laptop with a backup of my collection with a wireless router to setup a small wifi network and then connect the lappy to the PA...presto doing two peoples jobs at once with ease!

so the iTunes remote function works Great!

Monkey ball is harder then it looked and the game the Band is pretty addicting also.

Weather Bug App is times better then the standard weather app, it has pics of local skys and Radar!!!

Mobile news app is awesome for on the go updates on shit we don't care or need to know about...like the news!

Ebay App is a dream for any serious Ebayers..

Myspace App Sucks balls..if it didnt it would not be a true Myspace representing,,

AOL Radio and 105 Classics are your new radio way of life, say good bye to those shitty xm/Sirius stand alone units.

iScopes app is pretty cool if your into that thing...

the Boxoffice App is badass for finding times and local movies being played at local theaters, also the rotten tomatoes reviews are cool

these are just some of the app's i have on mine, most are free. go to engadget to find out how to download 2.0 early if you want. then again it should be released in less then a day...

Yeah that's not a real ssh client at all.
Yeah, you're right. I could have sworn there was a real one, so I just posted the first link I found, which obviously isn't the right one. Sorry about that.

I have one on my iPhone, but can't get to it without ssh-ing into the iPhone first, at which point, it becomes kind of pointless. I guess I could get to it with MobileTerminal, but...yeezh -- I just realized, that meant you wanted to type those commands with the iPhone keyboard -- oh, that's right, it doesn't have one, never mind. ;D

i would use the iTunes remote if i, you know, used itunes.

Yelp, who knows if the developers of any program you do run would come out with an app in the future...

if you can control something like this with an free app whats stopping companies from coming out with app's to control the temp in your house, dim the lighting, etc in the future.

of course this is all nothing really new it's just has a easy to use base...

2.0 Rocks!

2G Sucked Ass at canjam..you peeps need something better for sure!

I came back to Chicago and told people like i seen a famous tourist spot or something, iphone owners from here looked puzzled at my description of slowness down there.

u out of everyone should by default be inline for 3G...

X10 home automation stuff has been out for a long time. I'm sure someone will write an iphone x10 app.

can't wait to see lighting companies doing app's for controllers, they did them for the palm pilot before.

there is one app i found last night already saying it can replace remotes i think, i didnt download it though...it says it needed some thingy special

Heh, aren't they requiring in-store activation for these phones. That is an epic fail.

Edit: just tried to buy the update...

We could not complete your iTunes Store request.

The iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Edited by n_maher

Heh, aren't they requiring in-store activation for these phones. That is an epic fail.

Edit: just tried to buy the update...

Yep, the new mobileme service has been up and down all day as well as itunes. While they probably prepared for what they thought demand was going to be, something could have failed or they just had significantly higher demand than they expected.