Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

downloaded 2.0 for the touch this morning. It's nice and frankly the free Apple remote app is worth the upgrade price. I'm running an Airport Express via wireless and using the touch to remotely control the tunes.

The remote offers search and all the regular functions just like playing tunes on the iPod. This is exactly what I wanted. You can even have it control multiple airport expresses or add multiple libraries (different computers on your network)

Mine has to go back as soon as they get some new ones at the ATT store. My battery dies in 5 hours with 3G turned off and no phone calls made or received.

I should add that the remote works great.

Sorry to hear that mike....that sucks. Yeah the remote app is awesome.

downloaded 2.0 for the touch this morning. It's nice and frankly the free Apple remote app is worth the upgrade price. I'm running an Airport Express via wireless and using the touch to remotely control the tunes.

The remote offers search and all the regular functions just like playing tunes on the iPod. This is exactly what I wanted. You can even have it control multiple airport expresses or add multiple libraries (different computers on your network)

I was looking for a Router thingy so i can run my lappy with my iPhone at the bar thats small, so my question i have (in which i think you answered..) is can i use Airport Express to do this?

Been playing with mine. My brother stood in line for 2 hrs then me and my mom rolled up, joined him and sniped 2 of the last 3 black 16 gbers.

I think my only gripe is with the battery life. Its supposed to worse than the old gen one and where most 3g phones have removable batteries so you can swap in new ones this doesnt :( That is very sad times.

Also I have yet to receive one of the 3 test text messages my buddy has but that's probably more just a phone activation thing I wouldn't know since this is like my second cell phone ever.

Man as far as sound quality out of this piuppy... I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I haven't listened to my D2 or X5 in a long time, but this sounds pretty good. I'm sure it dominates the D2 and may come close to the X5 if not easily eclipsing it.

I'm just really impressed by how wide the soundstage is. It's enormous. The bass is kind of indistinct and smeared as is some of the sound in general.. but still very nice for a phone.

Noisefloor/hiss with music paused is basically nil with er6is. I should convert and play the silence track from LFF's thingy and test with that but...

Let's hope that Mike's experience doesn't become the standard, 5hrs on standby is absolutely unacceptable.

Yeah I think I looked up the estimated times and it was 300 hrs pure standby, 10-15 hrs 2g and 5 hrs 3g. But he had 3g turned off... I would hope thats not standard.

Nod but sadly its another one of those features where they like fucking you at the drive through. Though frankly if it was some sort of ultra slim proprietary battery I wouldn't mind buying spares and paying the same price (At least I wouldn't have to deal with bullshit shipping costs/wait times though I'm thinking more along the lines of Cowon which doesn't have Apple style stores).

I'm sure there are other design considerations too besides size.. but meh.

Let's hope that Mike's experience doesn't become the standard, 5hrs on standby is absolutely unacceptable.

I decided to call apple to see if the could find a setting that was causing the fast drain of the battery. After doing a restore, we went through the settings and found one that allows the gps to track me. Once this was turned off the battery issue was resolved.

I decided to call apple to see if the could find a setting that was causing the fast drain of the battery. After doing a restore, we went through the settings and found one that allows the gps to track me. Once this was turned off the battery issue was resolved.

glad to hear they were able to resolve your issue.

glad to hear they were able to resolve your issue.

What was kind of sad is that when I went to the ATT store and advised them of the problem, none of them thought to either see if there was an issue with the setting, suggest that it might an issue with the setting or suggest I call Apple. On the other hand, I should have known this would be the case and called Apple first.