Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

No, I had a crappy Belkin sleeve, before.

Sorry to hear that it's tqkng forever, Absorbine, ol' bean. I ordered from Amazon an had it pretty quick.

It got here on Monday finally. I ordered direct from the manufacturer. But now that it's here I like it a lot. Very attractive and like you, no problem at all assembling.

I heard a brief news story yesterday on a cool app but don't know the full name. I think it's Iphone only but allows you to listen to any of like 400 NPR radio stations. KCRW in Santa Monica alone would make this worthwhile.

There's a Public radio app that's free, works on the iPod Touch (via WiFi) and has a hell of a lot of streams to public radio stations, including KCRW.

app store link:

Public Radio Tuner

So here's a neat little "feature". I was using the Public Radio app and listening to WAMU... I then plugged in the iPod touch into my laptop for power and of course this initiated a sync. I figure the app would close, the sync would happen and when it was done, I'd fire up the app again to listen.

Well, the sync happened and the public radio app was still running and streaming audio through the sync. So I guess that's possible. Kinda cool.

Owning both a Kindle and an iPod touch, I can say the combo is nice. Now the Kindle stays home by the bedside and the touch comes to work... then I sync the Kindle and it finds the last place I left off on the touch. Very nice and no issues so far.

they both lose to Peter F. Hamilton.

Yes, Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained - just finished the series last week.

I have used eReader for years, and it is better on iPhone than Kindle app so far. Kindle App needs to allow inverting the text and background, for black with white letters; and should allow for other background and text colors. I read a bit in bed late at night, and will usually do black background with yellow or white letters so the backlighting doesn't bother my wife or hurt my visual acclimation to the dark.

Also, if I have one device and open a book to read, it will still try to connect online and sync my page-mark with other kindle devices on my account - so when I was in an area of poor cell service the "checking for last page read screen" blocked parts of the top and bottom of the screen so I can't start reading right away but must wait until it gives up or succeeds.