Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

While I am sure it is not too difficult to jailbreak an iphone, is there anyone out there that would be willing to do it for me. One of my associates husbands may be able to do it but just in case, I would like to have a back up.
I'd be happy to, if you don't end up being talked into doing it yourself. I've jailbroken my iPhone 2ce now (1.4 and 2.2.1). (And when I say "I've jailbroken", I don't want to take too much credit -- I didn't figure it out, I just ran someone else's software.)

There is always a lag between versions and jailbreaks -- sometimes they're longer than others. I suspect 3.0 will be non-trivial, so we'll have to watch for it. I monitor the jailbreaking community, so I can let you know.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

I'd be happy to, if you don't end up being talked into doing it yourself.

There is always a lag between versions and jailbreaks -- sometimes they're longer than others. I suspect 3.0 will be non-trivial, so we'll have to watch for it. I monitor the jailbreaking community, so I can let you know.

Thanks. I have a guy locally that has done it before. Definitely let me know when the version after 3.0 is released is available.

Me too. I discovered on Friday that my chest waders have a nice leak and I left my touch in my pocket :palm:. Currently DOA with little likelihood of revival. :(

Try this... get a Tupperware container and fill it with rice and place the device in the rice and let it sit for about a day. The rice draws out the moisture. It's worked well for cell phones in the past, give it a shot with your touch.

**BRENT**

My questions:

1) Is the upgrade from the Gen 1 iPhone to this new one significant in terms of speed, both in terms of performance and connectivity?

2) Is it reasonable to anticipate that the iPhone will be on Verizon by next year?

AT&T sucks in NYC--and I mean it sucks bad. So, if Verizon is soon, then I will just hold off.

1) Unknown, but highly probable. It likely has a significantly faster processor and double the RAM.

2) Unknown, much less probable. Likely depends on a combination of how much ATT might be willing to pony up to stay exclusive and how fast Verizon moves away from CDMA in the transition to its 4G network. I think the smart money is on 2011.

192 aac files, made in iTunes. it just locks up as soon as it starts to play, and i have to reset. never had a problem with them before.

wow that sounds crazy, i have had the ipod shut down all the time when i used to make a "on the go" playlist but it would not lock the phone.