Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

As far as case/headphone problems, I have never really understand the mania over iphone cases. I've always kept mine nude. Sure it gets scuffed up, but I decided early on I'd treat my iphone like a tool. Its a tough little device.

so what is awesome about the above is this week I drop the iphone and start having "stuck button" issues with my standby button. Meaning it can get stuck and send the iphone into a continuous turn on/shut down loop. I had the same thing happen with my down volume button a few months ago, and it has slowly gotten worse. Meaning it will turn my ringer all the way down or turn my call volume all the way down.

So my iphone is slowly approaching unusability.

apple isn't using a monopoly in one field to create a monopoly in another field, so i'm unsure how they could run afoul of antitrust laws.

'reks, I think it's arguable that a lot of Apple's behavior with respect to its music devices and iTunes is anticompetitive and raises antitrust concerns. And those are pretty well documented. But my concern would be more prospective. If Apple is considering new acquisitions/JVs/etc., then market share is a real issue. Bottom line: I don't see much upside to trumpeting market share that publicly. And I see lots of risk.

After a small bit of fuckery I am all systems go w/ the iPhone & iTunes.

Was surprised that I could not make any mp3 into a ringtone but I found a program that will so all good. Found some cool apps already. Was very pleasantly surprised with the SQ. Not bad at all.

I am considering calling the dude @ the AT&T store to see if I can trade up to the 3Gs today.