Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

soooooo... anyone know if Apple/AT&T resolved the lengthy at home 3GS activation problems? googling only results in stories about the issues at launch, not if they lessened after the initial glut of 3GS sales.

cause I'm at about 30 minutes right now, and would rather not wait two fucking days to use my new toy. :chair:

got it, took about 90 minutes. I opted to order mine from Apple and activate it at home so I wouldn't have to speak with an employee of AT&T. Probably would've been better to just go into the AT&T store, there have been some shipping snafus. But I'm good now, phone is working fine.

Here's a question: I haven't purchased a song from the iTunes store to convert into a ringtone in a long time. How do I tell what songs in the iTunes store can be made into a ring tone? They used to have the little bell picture next to them, or I could do a custom search that would only show songs available to made into ringtones.

Another intense googling session only led to ways to tell what songs I already purchased are eligible to be made into ringtones. I would like to be able to tell in the store. Yes I just wasted 99 cents on a Squonk MP3 that I now can't convert into a ringtone (I thought for a second that maybe ALL iTunes Store MP3s could be converted into ringtones).

got it, took about 90 minutes. I opted to order mine from Apple and activate it at home so I wouldn't have to speak with an employee of AT&T. Probably would've been better to just go into the AT&T store, there have been some shipping snafus. But I'm good now, phone is working fine.

Here's a question: I haven't purchased a song from the iTunes store to convert into a ringtone in a long time. How do I tell what songs in the iTunes store can be made into a ring tone? They used to have the little bell picture next to them, or I could do a custom search that would only show songs available to made into ringtones.

Another intense googling session only led to ways to tell what songs I already purchased are eligible to be made into ringtones. I would like to be able to tell in the store. Yes I just wasted 99 cents on a Squonk MP3 that I now can't convert into a ringtone (I thought for a second that maybe ALL iTunes Store MP3s could be converted into ringtones).

Apple's attempt to simplify ringtones may muddy the waters

whoops, fuck apple.

Finally set up push notifications for all my e-mail accounts today!

Set up Apple Mail on my mac server at work, when e-mail comes in the GrowlMail notice is pushed to Prowl, which pushes it to my iPhone!

Best part - Prowl can have 'quiet hours' like the Blackberry, unlike the "new mail sound" option in the iPhone prefs that will ding away when I get spam-a-lot at 3AM.

Not sure if this has been posted:

Welcome to The M.H.A.

Airlock. It's an application (PrefPane app really) that allows you to pair your iPhone with your Mac via Bluetooth. Then it can lock the screen on your Mac when you're out of range and unlock the screen when you and your iPhone are back in range.

Tried it out today at the office and it works!