Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Perhaps *639# ?

Cool, that worked... thanks. 11/20/2010 for me... odd, we bought on launch day as well. meh, it's cool. I'm happy with the 3GS and this means that our contact will be up next summer when the newer betterer iPhone 4G with 3D cameras comes out.

^^^

That's weird. I got mine the same day and don't get to upgrade until November. Do you have a family plan or just one line?

My phone is separate from my family. My family plan has 4 lines so total of 5 lines on two accounts. I read somewhere that people who pay over $99 a month are getting earlier upgrade dates but that was a rumor.

I just got off the phone with ATT to find out my options in terms of buy out and the dates my contract with them ends for each of 5 lines. My contract is up 6/11 but would cost $125 for the buy out, which is not too bad. I am eligible for a full iphone upgrade on 6/28 as I thought from checking online. It will cost me $125 to buy out of the remaining 4 lines if I wait for 8/10, when three of the lines are out of contract. I checked due to the Verizon rumors figuring there may be some deals to take advantage of if the iphone is offered. The person I spoke to did not offer me anything to stay despite calling to discuss termination. I asked her about tethering and she said that her information was that ATT would make it available in June '10. I don't know if this was to entice me to remain with ATT. I guess we will see in a month or so.

So Brent, I guess I should read up on the HTC phone you are in love with as an option.

Sprint announced the pricing yesterday for the evo 4g. $200 for the phone, and basically $100 a month if you want to use it as a wifi router too ($29 a month option). So basically, I'm not going there in the near term.

i find it odd an At&T customer rep will give the tethering date out yet we read nothing about it on the e-blogs..hope so even if its $30 more a month i will do it cause Clear 4G sucks (had it, tried it) and At&T has amazing coverage around here with at times 5 mbps dl speeds (normal 2-4mbps around here, with Clear i was two city blocks away from the closet tower and was lucky to get 2mbps tops!).

I find it odd that you're supposed to be organizing a national meet but haven't been seen on HF for months.

i don't find it odd you "trying" to call me out based on your hf observation, instead ask yourself (based on your hf usage observation) if i really give a fuck about your "odd" finding.

Not a lawyer, me, but dat lost 4G iPhone story is getting wicked sketchy.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2010/05/iphone_affidavit.pdf

was just going to post this! thats so interesting!! i am so into this like a chick is into Gossip Girl!

i don't find it odd you "trying" to call me out based on your hf observation, instead ask yourself (based on your hf usage observation) if i really give a fuck about your "odd" finding.
It's your call if you want to quit the meet team, not mine, I just think it doesn't reflect particularly well on you.

thank you for letting me know my human rights, i am over joyed you care enough about me to address your feelings/opinion/uselessothershit about what reflects on me in post #1912 of a thread regarding a cell phone..

as far as calls

its also your call to umm keep your feelings/opinion/uselessothershit about what reflects on me to yourself on a forum your moderator of, after all it may not reflect well on you..but who am i to say and who are you too even care...probably as much as i do..yeah its like that.

as far as calls

its also your call to umm keep your feelings/opinion/uselessothershit about what reflects on me to yourself on a forum your moderator of, after all it may not reflect well on you..but who am i to say and who are you too even care...probably as much as i do..yeah its like that.

My actions speak for me, yours for you, I'll leave interpretation to anyone who cares. I'm not worried.

Billy seriously Chi-town had a shot and fucked it up two years ago and you were pumped to get the second shot then you pull a Claude Rains. Seriously without a story seems like a weak move IMHO.

At&T legit tethering was found in beta 4 that seeded to dev's for os 4.0 earlier this week.. read around the guess price is $20-30 extra a month. we shall know on june 7th! I will be in for an extra tethering plan when AT&T lets it happen in legit form, i tried Clear 4G and found lots of dead spots and trouble with the service..I signed up on the 3g usb card and it worked amazing but i cancelled the second day in hopes of the iPhone doing it.

AT&T is high if they think they're going to get me to pay another $30 a month to use a data plan that I already pay for, just for the privilege of using that data on another device. For wifi hotspot use maybe, but obviously you aren't using the phone if it's tethered to something else so you're not double dipping their data plan.

I'm not sure if I understand what these mobile hotspot thingies are, do they just throw out wifi like a wireless router does only using the 3g incoming service???

If so that would be a wild thought the next gen iPhone n90 would have the hardware to do so, no one has really disected the internal chips of the two leaks mules correct?

As far as I understand it there are a few options that some carriers are offering:

1. USB tethering, you connect your phone to another device (laptop) via a usb cable and the phone serves as the 3G modem for that device.

2. Wireless tethering, same as above, only wireless, still serves only one device.

3. Wireless mobile hotspot. Basically wireless tethering for multiple devices where the phone acts as a 3G modem and router.

The only one that I can see paying for is #3 since it allows you to overuse your data plan, i.e. share it with others not already paying for the service. But if I'm already paying AT&T for data why should it cost more to use it in a different way?