Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering a 32GB tomorrow. I've had my original iPhone 16GB sitting in the closet waiting to activate it for my wife but never got around to it (she's not much for smart phones). Now with the new data plans I'll giver her my 3G and add the $15 data plan, upgrade to the 4 and keep my unlimited plan. All of this will be cheaper than an iPad (key selling point).

Looking at eBay the the iPhone 2G 16GB are selling for $200+!! Are people in non-3G areas buying these? I was thinking the going rate would be $75-100.

I would totally buy your 2g for $100. :) i think it's due to people who are using it on tmobile, since the 3g doesn't work with the iPhone, which is what I want to do

It's marginally better than the 3GS, if you're due for an upgrade and don't mind being AT&T's bitch for the next two years or are willing to pay the unsubsidized price (if they even offer it that way right now) then go for it. Otherwise it holds little appeal to me, nice screen and all. Every app is going to have to be re-written yet again for the new resolution so early adoption doesn't seem all that sweet.

One more point - the true conspiracy theorist are noting that Apple once again has the Moscone Center booked for late April, just a few days after the '4' ships. The running theory is that Apple's last gesture to AT&T was to give them the '4' exclusively to start but that at the end of the month after the early adopters have jumped on the train they are going to finally announce the iPhone on other carriers. I'm not sure I buy that, but it's fun to think about.

Al, yes.

Nate, I assume you meant late June?

It has a better screen, faster processor, better camera, front facing camera for video chat (my family all will have them), is enough for me to upgrade. Unfortunately, ATT is the best choice for me down here.

Marc, if you are eligible for an upgrade now, the cost for the 16GB should be zero after trade in.

The Apple online Store and AT&T have been a complete failure for me. Using the Apple Store iPhone App I have successfully reserved one at my local store for pickup on June 24th. I'm skeptical because there is no payment involved with a reservation so I'm going to keep trying to preorder.