Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

can you call and confirm the reservation? let me know what happens..

i asked one of my customers who is a manager at an AT&T store last night about the noncontract price in our email from the reserve from the iphone app and he said he see's no reason why the people at the Apple store won't be able to check if you can get the discount and apply it, he noted the app reserve process probably didnt check anyones account info for upgrades cause there is no rate plan listed in the email...so Apple just reserved one for us and will work out the price/plan when we pick it up..which makes sense. but he told me to ask Apple to be sure..

Just talked to a guy at my local store and confirmed my reservation. He looked it up by my name so no confirmation number, etc. I also confirmed that the store will be able to look up my upgrade status and my price will be adjusted correctly. Of course I won't know how well this process will work until the 24th and given the way yesterday went it may not happen smoothly.

My better half told me that she tried to pre-order one for me on Monday (as a surprise gift for me) but she couldn't get it through either on Apple or AT&T. Now it's looking like mid July at the earliest assuming we head over to Apple Store sometime soon to make the pre-order (Apple site still isn't working right, at least for me).

Still unpersuaded on the iPhone 4. Maybe later, or not at all. But if my daughter's original iPhone craps out (which she was saying may be the case this morning) then I will get the 4 and give her my 3GS. Win Win.

Funny how her iPhone starts acting up now. Pure coincidence! :)

EDIT: and, btw, I also laid the foundation with Katie by claiming that my iPhone is "on the fritz."

All this pre-order anguish is starting to sound like

JH13/JH16 "Order waiting" thread - Head-Fi.org Community

Maybe some wise words from Dusty may be equally applicable

:palm:

See, that's the problem with young kids. 3 months from now is going to be the first time he has that feeling of realization that he still doesn't have anything else like it, and that he should have just waited for it.

:)

Just talked to a guy at my local store and confirmed my reservation. He looked it up by my name so no confirmation number, etc. I also confirmed that the store will be able to look up my upgrade status and my price will be adjusted correctly. Of course I won't know how well this process will work until the 24th and given the way yesterday went it may not happen smoothly.

thanks for the reasuring reply! we should be good on the 24th..should be...hoping!

Yesterday, my wife tried pre-order through the Apple site (for the July 14th date, obviously) and after getting through most of the process, it told her to go to an Apple Store so she can actually pre-order for the latter date. She drove to a nearby Apple Store and explained the situation to a salesperson who was rather unhelpful and appeared to be clueless. I guess we'll be waiting until the damn things are actually in stock at this rate.

This may be the most frustrating cell phone upgrade ever, I've attempted to give ATT my money now on 5 separate occasions. THEY SUCK BALLS the web told me to call and the phone rep said to use the web then yesterday a phone rep told me they were pausing sales to get caught up.

I'll just wait until the dust settles.

Got this from AT&T Premier this morning.

We shipped your recently placed AT&T Premier order.

If you pre-ordered the iPhone 4, it is staged for pickup by our shipping carrier. Because of unprecedented volume, it may be as much as 72 hours before the carrier can provide any detailed information to you. Please don't be concerned if you visit the carrier's site and specific information about your order is not provided. The information will be updated when the carrier picks up the order at our warehouse.

I do not know why they send me a shipping notice with tracking number to let me know it might ship in a few days.

fwiw, friend of mine received tracking info on hers yesterday...she ordered through apple...last she checked, it's in hong kong...

am about to check my at&t premier order status...

I have the same tracking info as your friend. Though my credit card has still not been charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk