Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Billy, the iPhone 4 does N, but the 3G and 3GS do not, so far as I know. If your iPad can get it, then theoretically you should be capable of higher speeds than you're getting (since you're not limited to under 20 mbps by your ISP). That being said, a very good G router is often faster than an average N router, so, as always, the specific gear matters. One would assume, with the surfeit of apple gear already about, that you'd be springing for an airport extreme, which is a plenty fine N router. Frankly, I'm surprised you don't have one yet.

iTunes is pissing me off. My iPhone is currently synced to the iTunes library of a laptop we plan on trashing. Well just activate home sharing you say and transfer your iPhone apps to the iTunes library of our current laptop. Well the bonjour service on the old laptop is deactivated and iTunes won't let me do home sharing. Oh okay so just go to contol panel admin services and reactivate bonjour. No go, error message won't allow it, and I've already opened up the ports in firewall to allow it to go through and it is showing their are no exceptions for bonjour. Crappy

When the pre-ordering for iPhone 4 came on line I tried for 3 hours to order an iPhone 4 from Apple, but their site was giving errors all morning. Instead I was able to order one from AT&T by 12 noon on "day one". But so far it has not shipped yet and is still "In Process". For some reason AT&T shows my order online as being done on 6/16, although my receipt was sent to me within 5 minutes on the 15th. I don't think I'm getting mine by the 24th. :(

I had also reserved one for my wife via the Apple Store App, to pick up at the Apple store. But she wont be able to get her work contacts, calendar and email added for a week or two, so she offered to have me activate her new phone on my line, so it wont matter if the other one is late. Since both lines are eligible, and one iPhone 4 is being shipped to me for my line, will the Apple store let me activate her reservation on my number?

IT has become apparent to me that I am co-dependent with Apple and ATT since I just pre-ordered my iphone 4 through Apple. While I am significantly more pissed at ATT I do blame Apple for not holding them more accountable. How can ATT and Apple screw this up given their core competencies.

I'm happy with Ios 4 on my 3GS so far

Yeah cause the 3GS actually has the processing power to open a camera and messages within a second.

My 3G was slow as molasses before and it appears to be a little above molasses right now.

I won't even bother jail breaking the darn thing because I could not imagine actually multitasking on the 3G, it is just too darn slow

I don't understand the fuss about background wallpaper. The display is already so cluttered by the app icons that I can't imagine using something for a background that isn't some kind of formless pattern. Certainly not a picture of anything. But I tend towards the simple...

An option: Urbanape - Some Non-Busy iPhone Wallpapers

Edited by blessingx

Yeah cause the 3GS actually has the processing power to open a camera and messages within a second.

My 3G was slow as molasses before and it appears to be a little above molasses right now.

I won't even bother jail breaking the darn thing because I could not imagine actually multitasking on the 3G, it is just too darn slow

I have a jail broken 3G and the mutitasking works fine using backgrounder. I am able to have the Sirius app running in the background and use the other apps without a problem.

Someone answer this please.

explain what you want to know, whats an invite?

I guess all the people tracking their iPhones 200 times per hour killed the Fedex system.

FedEx Issues Service Update Noting Delayed Shipment Tracking Information, Deliveries Remain On-Time - Mac Rumors

Thursday is looking to be a huge mess for most people, I got an reminder email telling me not to forget my reserve at Apple store on thursday and what to expect if there are more people picking up one at the same time. seriously its awesome i get the reminder cause i might just forget to pick up a phone i waited for hours to just preorder...yeah

calendar invites i receive through exchange appear on my iPhone calendar and have for quite some time, but that's an exchange feature

I guess I'm referring to support for .ics without exchange. Does that make sense? When I receive an Outlook invite in Mail on my Mac, it gets added to calendar automatically. Why can't that be done on the iPhone?

What do you mean gmail push isn't working? Is there another way other than adding it as an exchange server? Because that method of push works great.

The new gmail setup with iOS4 actually has push as a setting (like Exchange), but it wasn't pushing anything. A quick search online and it appears to be a common issue. I went back to the Exchange setup for now, but hope they get it together sooner or later.

The plan: wake up in time to get to my local O2 store about an hour before it opens (at eight-oh-two AM. Get it? Nyuk, nyuk. Yes, really). I'm in a sleepy enough little town that that might work. Or it might not. I'd like one sooner rather than later, but I'm not willing to knock myself out. O2 has been a perfectly acceptable carrier for the year and a half I've been here, so I'm content to get a two-year contract. O2 is willing to unlock contract phones, so if I want to, I can switch to a local SIM when I'm traveling.

So, may or may not have one tomorrow. We'll see.

Has anyone heard reliable reports on the SQ on iPhone 4? I've been operating under the assumption it'll be as good as a 3GS or a 3rd generation Touch, but it would be annoying if that weren't the case and I were stuck with it for two years.