Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

It turns out my wife's work email, calendar and contacts app wont work with iOS 4 (IBM Traveler app) and therefore she can't move over to the iPhone 4 right now. So we wont be picking up her reserved iPhone unless it can be activated by someone else on a different phone number (or account). My own iPhone shipped from AT&T Wednesday for 6/24 delivery.

Anyone have an idea if we can put my wife's reserved iPhone 4 on my son's number instead, knowing that it will add two years to her contract and not his? Or will Apple and AT&T insist that we first activate it on her number first, before we can move it to one of our other lines? My wife doesn't want to activate the iPhone 4 on her phone number at all, being afraid she'll be stuck with it and can't go back to her 3GS with all her contacts/calendar/email.

Once I get my iPhone 4 activated, if I like it I was going to pass my old 32Gb jailbroken 3GS to my son, and either sell his 8gb jailbroken 3G or keep it as a spare. If I don't like my iPhone 4 I might sell it or pass that on to my son instead. But I don't think that any of us are going to upgrade an old phone to iOS 4 until 4.01 or higher comes out. I am also assuming that I can't pick up her reserved phone and simply sell it for a profit without activating it first.

As long as you just reserved the phone you should be able to to switch. You may have to activate it on her line first then switich.

So I guess that is how they are going to force people to either buy Macs or buy Mobile Me. They just lock up all your info somewhere until you see the error of your ways and buy the add on service.

I guess on your Hackintosh you do not use Calendar/Contacts etc.?

So I guess that is how they are going to force people to either buy Macs or buy Mobile Me. They just lock up all your info somewhere until you see the error of your ways and buy the add on service.

I guess on your Hackintosh you do not use Calendar/Contacts etc.?

The hackintosh isn't here yet.

My previous work flow for contacts was obviously flawed and my life is not so complex that I maintain a big calendar. Moving forward I need to figure out where a central depository for contacts is going to reside outside of my phone and how to keep the two of them synced up. I don't have a real preference so I'm open to suggestion.

also I played with my friends droid and found it was a pretty good web browsing experience, just not as smooth as the iPhone. if the HTC Incredible has smoothed out the web browsing, I'm all for it. because honestly web browsing, email, and the calendar are the only things I give a shit about on my phone.

I really like my Incredible, but the droid I have used was almost unusably laggy.

good to hear. does your Incredible sync up well with all the google stuff? calendar, contacts, etc?

I only have gmail for internet so far, works fine with that. I need to try the other stuff, since I am at the point I really need a calendar I can access anywhere.

I am looking for a case myself. I bought some cheesy rocketfish gel case at Best Buy for right now but hope to get something a bit nicer in the near future.

I read that switcheasy is supposed to have products for the iphone4 around mid July. Hopefully my phone will last that long without scratching. :D

Just walked out of the mall, the line is nuts but what pisses me off is the fucktards who just are waiting for one and the people who were up at 3am last Tuesday reserving theirs online are in the same line! I told the apple bitch to cancel my reserve. Fuck that I ain't waiting behind no asshole that didn't reserve

Just walked out of the mall, the line is nuts but what pisses me off is the fucktards who just are waiting for one and the people who were up at 3am last Tuesday reserving theirs online are in the same line! I told the apple bitch to cancel my reserve. Fuck that I ain't waiting behind no asshole that didn't reserve

Damn those people that just think they can just show up and everything will be okay! These type of things require proper planning, don't they realize that?