Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Same response when people bitched about the iPad wifi issues. Even before taking accountability they claimed it was a router issue specifically dual band routers and needing to make them different ssid names. Then they said you had to do wacky shit like change your brightness settings. Finally they admitted to it and hopefully will be addressed for those that have issues in the next update.

When I went to the store, the guy said it was my routers fault, not even bothering to look at it. I said I tried it with 3 different routers, one including an airport. The guys starts messing around with it for 5 seconds and determines it works perfectly fine. I ask to speak to a manager and finally they submit and gives me my replacement. This was all within my 15 day return period anyways. What struck me was the somewhat smug demeanor of the guy and the pervading attitude that nothing could be possibly wrong with an apple product.

I am more than a bit disappointed with the issue and more so SB's response. I will try my partners 4 tomorrow to see if it's an issue for me. If so, I will cancel at least my order and let the family decide what they want to do. As bad as this is, the review a on the Evo 4G are worse so I guess I would stick with my 3 GS.

if anyone cares, when i called premier about replacing my phone with the dead pixel(s) they called my local at&t store & set up the exchange...the store obviously has sold out but is expecting to have more in store on the 29th...so that may be a good time to try again if ya missed out today...

this is a big change from how i was treated when it was cingular/ameritech/cingular/blue/orange...i'm not getting my hopes up that they'll return to kissing their business clients asses, but it did take me back:)...

RemoveRick Wagoner Personal iPhone in waiting line thought #386: it would be fun someone at the back of the line whispered in the ear of the person infront of them and told that person to pass it forward to the next person. If I was in back of the line, like 354 people deep I would say "my pants, there is a hole in them and he got out, a...sk the person infront of you if they would be willing to grab him, k thanx"

One dropped call and .50Mbps 3g speed, they had no cases left...not to worried Apple has good Customer service

did you ask any of the cute girls in line if they wanted some of your facetime?...

Nope I just keep my head down and mind my own, I'm only an asstat on the forums

Anyone watch a high def movie on theirs yet? I loaded a 720p avatar and either know the iPhone4 screen is not 720 it's seriously beautiful!!! Even DVD quality blazing saddles is awesome! I had three more drop calls tonight

Really sorry to read of your upgrade troubles, Nate.

Got my phone yesterday around 9am and it activated around 5pm. O2 was having a busy day.

The don't-hold-it-that-way issue is short-term slightly annoying for me, but far from a dealbreaker - I'd have been looking for a 'bumper' wrap-around anyway. Still, I agree it never should have happened.

No yellow-spot-of-doooom screen issue here.

Display is just beautiful. Photographers, you will enjoy enjoying your work on this.

Rear LED flash is surprisingly powerful. But really needs some kind of clip-on diffuser for acceptable results.

I'm pleased with the SQ. Haven't compared it head-to-head with my other gear, but it's not a disappointment.

Fits nicely in a Marware leather hip case meant for iPod Touch which I happen to have, so I'm all set on that front.

For me it's a palmful of win. I like it a lot.

Tried out my partners iPhone 4 and when I hold it in my right hand and part of my hand touches the bottom left corner, the signal strength meter drops as has been reported. I will either have a case or bumper so it will not be an issue for me. The video is pretty amazing.

I need to go to the Apple Store for something other than an iPhone--exchanging an iPad keyboard dock for the blue tooth keyboard. Will I be able to do so with minimal hassle or will I get lumped in with the iPhone crazies?

If you tell the people working there that you dont want an iphone, they should let you in pretty quick

Salty, why the hell would you go to a mall regardless. Malls, blech.

In other, related news I spoke with a client who picked up his '4' yesterday. His first comment, "The reception is pretty awful". I've also been noticing that my phone (the 3G from hell) seems to be less than happy about signal strength changes compared to how it was before the *cough* upgrade to ios4. Example, there's a stretch of road on my way to work where I almost always completely lose signal, but it's for less than a mile and it usually picks right back up. Ever since the change to ios4 I've noticed that this dead zone is significantly longer, i.e. streaming radio goes dead for a longer period of time before picking back up. Prior to os4 there would be times when I could get through this entire dead zone on the streaming buffer without a hitch, that hasn't happened once on os4.

Salty, why the hell would you go to a mall regardless. Malls, blech.

In other, related news I spoke with a client who picked up his '4' yesterday. His first comment, "The reception is pretty awful". I've also been noticing that my phone (the 3G from hell) seems to be less than happy about signal strength changes compared to how it was before the *cough* upgrade to ios4. Example, there's a stretch of road on my way to work where I almost always completely lose signal, but it's for less than a mile and it usually picks right back up. Ever since the change to ios4 I've noticed that this dead zone is significantly longer, i.e. streaming radio goes dead for a longer period of time before picking back up. Prior to os4 there would be times when I could get through this entire dead zone on the streaming buffer without a hitch, that hasn't happened once on os4.

How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3G from iOS 4 to iOS 3.1.3-from-ios-4-to-ios-313

You should read the last two pages of this thread and then suggest to me again to try the downgrade using recboot.

Here, I'll save you the time.. Recboot nearly nuked my laptop, definitely nuked the phone, somehow in the process itunes killed every backup of the phone that I had consequently trashing every contact, calendar appointment, several apps, etc.