Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

i tried 6 cases with my iPhone 4 to see if any of them "fixed" the problem and one did..the Apple Bumper case. out of 5 third party cases non of them "fix" the antenna-gate issue at all, really how hard could it be to make a case to fix this problem? and why is the one case that Apple makes and sells seems to fix the problem? with all the fancy testing stuff Apple brags they have you dont you think for a second Apple developed the bumper to actually work as a fix if it was needed...if the small percentage of people may see this issue became big news? if you don't then then i must remind you Apple is using the bumper case exactly as a ban-daid to "fix" the issue. they also said they will offer a choice of select cases cause Apple themselves could not make enough bumper's, i wonder what Apple looks for in their selection of third party cases, it could be the case would actually fix the issue at hand..

Billy, I'm curious which cases you have tried. I've tried about 5 between my phone, my son's and my wife' phones, each case has eliminated the problem.

Billy, I'm curious which cases you have tried. I've tried about 5 between my phone, my son's and my wife' phones, each case has eliminated the problem.

I have a giffen and a belkin, giffen is like a hard rubber and its better then no case but not as good as the Bumper from Apple. my friend has a bumper and 2 cheap soft rubber cases, the soft rubber does nothing for the deathgrip. which cases do you have?

I take it back. My phone had almost no connectivity in Boston tonight. Often it showed edge service but refused to send or receive calls or send text messages - not to mention connect to the web.

Hey Todd, is there a "Like" button you can add with vB 4?

I think it's time, Nate... I think it's time.

**BRENT**

I have a giffen and a belkin, giffen is like a hard rubber and its better then no case but not as good as the Bumper from Apple. my friend has a bumper and 2 cheap soft rubber cases, the soft rubber does nothing for the deathgrip. which cases do you have?

ifrogz, Belkin (2), Switcheasy Nude, and can't remember the name of the other one.

Pretty good article.

When an AT&T representative suggested to one of Jobs’ deputies that the Apple CEO wear a suit to meet with AT&T’s board of directors, he was told, “We’re Apple. We don’t wear suits. We don’t even own suits.”

Edited by blessingx

Decided to order the iPhone Otterbox Defender case to go with the matching iPad case I ordered last week. Their website must have been inundated with orders as it was flaky as hell and when I submitted my order it kept telling me the shipping price had changed since I added the item to my cart so the order did not go through. I of course kept trying until I finally got a successful order page.

Thinking all was well I went on with my day until a few minutes later when I get several e-mails on the iPad telling me about the 6 different orders I managed to make of this stupid case. Replied to one of the e-mails as their 888 number seems to be constant busy signal so I will see how this works out.

I might end up down on the street with the purse and watch sales guys trying to sell my extra cases if Otterbox does not come around and fix my orders.

so there was an app called "handy Light" which for 99 cents would flash 5 pretty colors on your iPhone screen...pretty cool right? well its been pulled cause a built in easter egg of letting you tether your phone somewhat easily without jailbreaking or signing up under at&t's plan...my buddy got it to work and is tethering now, by the time i found out about it...was too late..damn!

First off, @Jeff, you should be able to sell those here if anyone wants a case. If you want to protect a device, I've not come across anything better. Those cases are fantastic. Most will probably want to pull the built-in screen protector and use an Invisible Shield or something like that, but as far as protection, they're the best.

Next, got a pop-up to upgrade to iTunes 9.2.1 today. Had some iPhone/iPad related "updates" and bug fixes. Has anyone mentioned these, or might they be important to you?

iTunes 9.2.1 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Addresses minor issues with dragging and dropping items

• Addresses a performance issue when first syncing to some devices with iTunes 9.2

• Addresses an issue upgrading to iOS 4 on an iPhone or iPod touch with encrypted back-ups

• Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance

iTunes 9.2 comes with several new features and improvements, including:

• Organize and sync PDF documents as books. Read PDFs with iBooks 1.1 on iPad and any iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4

• Organize your apps on your iOS 4 home screens into folders using iTunes

These were just two of a few things, but were these available previously? I haven't gotten my hands on an iPhone4 yet, so I'm not sure. It just reads like reading PDFs through iBooks is a new things, and folders was on-device only. Just wondering.

**BRENT**

so there was an app called "handy Light" which for 99 cents would flash 5 pretty colors on your iPhone screen...pretty cool right? well its been pulled cause a built in easter egg of letting you tether your phone somewhat easily without jailbreaking or signing up under at&t's plan...my buddy got it to work and is tethering now, by the time i found out about it...was too late..damn!

I bought it before it was pulled. I don't really need it since I have a 3G iPad but if I ever need to tether my MB Pro, it may come in handy.