Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

It's my world, which is to say that I could give two shits about how their coverage is anywhere else.

Although I'd argue that Boston is a better example, where last week AT&T could manage no more than Edge service that was so weak it couldn't find a reliable enough data signal to send a picture message. Or is Fenway Park to rural for you?

I didn't miss your point, I'm just being obstinate.

I do want to clarify one thing - I think it'd be great if Tmo got the iPhone. As referenced in the article I linked to Tmo's plans are generally about 30% cheaper than AT&T and some price competition between carriers would/should benefit consumers.

Fenway park is way out through the sticks for me, so definitely. you missed my point, though. saying that a carrier sucks because it doesn't work where you are and saying that another carrier is great because it does is too simplistic of a measurement, simply because the reverse is going to be true somewhere else. the carriers all suck. not so much because of their coverage, as no cost effective network is going to be great everywhere, but because of their policies.

Wrong. If it works well in Manhattan, it is good enough for the rest of you.

How does Tmo work on my island?

That CNET test showed the T-Mobile service being pretty good in Manhattan.

We had t-Mobile BBs at work for a short time and they were okay in NYC but really sorry wherever I traveled.

I have still found nowhere in the area that I do not have fantastic AT&T service.

Got the new Defender Otterbox case for the iPhone. I guess it would do a good job of protecting the phone if dropped but I can't say I am a big fan of it or the iPad one that also came today. The sticky black outer rubber layer gives great grip but makes them a dust magnet and hard to remove from a pocket. I guess I might have to use the giant freakin holster that came with it if it gets too bad.

Defenderiphone1.jpg

Defenderiphone2.jpg