Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

not sure if this has been discussed already but anyone know tentatively when the 4th gen touch "might" come out? purchased a 3g 32gb one today but it would shut off on its own every 2 minutes so returned it. came home and read that 4g might be coming out soon. so wait or just get a replacement? dont really want to wait until black friday though =/ want to get jh13/16 around that time.

I believe there's a rumor it might be next week although Haj is correct that the normal cycle would be next month.

bleh, I think I MIGHT have bricked the 3gs updating it to 4.0. Hopefully it'll update on my parent's mac

Did you manage to fix it, Jin?

I hope they include the touch in that update. Mine has not been the same since iOS 4

The past history suggest that touch would be included. My touch was bad enough with iOS4 that I downgraded it back to 3.1.2.

Haven't noticed any difference in the battery life with 4.0.2 on my iphone 4.

Was there anything on 4.0.2 that should be causing battery drain?

No, the only difference was to fix the .pdf vulnerability and break current jailbreaks. On older (1st gen iPhone and iTouch) it only breaks the jailbreak and doesn't even fix the .pdf issue. Your best bet is to run 4.0.1 with jailbreak and the .pdf fix.

My iPhone 3G has been experiencing problems before I upgraded to the second to newest OS, which didn't really make a big difference either way. Prior I had wiped the phone and did a fresh install, but still it would operate a bit clunky. In a nutshell, most of the time it's very slow to sometimes completely non-responsive to my touch. I am somewhat indecisive about getting the new iPhone due to the antenna issue and rumors that possibly Verizon might get an iPhone, as I am not too keen to sign a two year contract with AT&T again, plus rumors about an iPhone 5 around the corner...