Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I thought the new Nano was pretty darn cool.

I got the 16GB iPhone instead of the 32GB. Wondering if I should've gone bigger, but I figured that's why I have the iPad, right? Right?

I also went the route of buying the largest capacity iphone, only to realize that I hardly ever use it as an actual mp3 player. I don't know, the fact that it has so many antennas emitting all sorts of frequencies (GSM, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, etc., etc.) just doesn't seem like it would be the best solution when paired up with a portable amp. That, and its also a pain to hook and unhook your everyday phone to a portable audio rig. For this reason, it just makes more sense to have a dedicated music playing iPod, or iPad in your case. So long story short, I think you made the right choice :)

When/if I upgrade from the 3G, I doubt audio will be the determining factor of size (iPads taken over a lot of the iPhones chores and with the iPads digital out the iPhone been regulated to mostly streaming WFMU, UBU, TAL, NPR, etc.), but video shooting may be. Those with 4s (or even 3Gs), do you find yourself shooting much and if so how much space are you consuming regularly?

Ok, so far I am very impressed by the iPhone 4. Of course, it is a huge leap in speed, etc. from my 1G iPhone. Call quality has been good. Signal doesn't penetrate enough in my (fucking windowless) office, but I expected that. Display is simply awesome, and I love the camera. If I can get this to receive work email and sync calendars then it'll be even moar betterer.

As for free case, I went with the Speck Pixelskin HD. But that's going to take a while to arrive. What are the good cases out there?

BTW, the Little Monkey now has my old iPhone. He is psyched.

I have the Pixelskin HD here that I never took out of the box. Evidently Speck made a special version with an A at the end of the serial for Apple freebies and it is not up to the standard of the commercial one that a lot of people liked. Kind of stiff and really hard to press the sleep button from what I have read.

When/if I upgrade from the 3G, I doubt audio will be the determining factor of size (iPads taken over a lot of the iPhones chores and with the iPads digital out the iPhone been regulated to mostly streaming WFMU, UBU, TAL, NPR, etc.), but video shooting may be. Those with 4s (or even 3Gs), do you find yourself shooting much and if so how much space are you consuming regularly?

I started a response to the capacity debate a little while ago but was interrupted by work... I think the feature I enjoy the most on the iPhone 4 is the camera/video capture. Coupled with the display and I have very portable solution for capturing the kids doing kid things and then I'm able to show the pictures and videos to friends. I bought the 32gb and as of this morning I have 12gb free. Although, I do have the phone loaded with music and Handbrake movies. I could probably get by with 16gb but I would be syncing and moving files more.

There's a video function? :D

I'm just kidding, but I've used the video function exactly twice in the time I've had the camera (~2 months). I guess I'm just not a video person - similarly, I've used the pocket camcorder about 5 times (aside from testing it out) in the 4 months or so that I've had it. I've found I much prefer taking pictures of my daughter than video, even if I'm lugging around my DSLR around my house/neighborhood.

There's a video function? :D

I'm just kidding, but I've used the video function exactly twice in the time I've had the camera (~2 months). I guess I'm just not a video person - similarly, I've used the pocket camcorder about 5 times (aside from testing it out) in the 4 months or so that I've had it. I've found I much prefer taking pictures of my daughter than video, even if I'm lugging around my DSLR around my house/neighborhood.

im with mr. salt. barely take any video, take a lot of pictures.