Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Yeah, that's what I was hoping, I saw tonight the Apple Store description is updated "

This adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Support for analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Video output not supported."

PS: Ordered a pair of iPhone 5 right when sales started at 1:02AM - it went much smoother than any of the previous years.

Just FYI, the official HC records will indicate that I got mine before you because I said "First" first.

I agree that by-in-large the current crop of non-iPhone small phones suck. The exception is perhaps the Droid Incredible II which is not significantly larger than an iPhone and easily handled by those with smaller hands (including my wife). I also tend to agree that there's little to no need for phones to have gotten as big as they have. My Galaxy S III is pretty huge, but tolerable and will probably only feel more at home in my hands over time. But I could have lived with the same type of design (little to no side bezel) with a smaller screen (say 4.5") and that might have been just about perfect.

I disagree that the current iPhones (4S and 5) have a sufficiently large screen. Browsing the web in landscape on these phones is awful. Again, that's just my opinion. I also think they could have easily lived with a slightly lower dpi and simply stretched the dimensions and ended up with a great product. But I understand the flip side of that coin and why they didn't. I also still don't care for the way that Apple handles notifications, apps and the lack of customization. I think there are easy ways this could be improved upon and the longer they ignore it the more stupidly stubborn they look. And yes, I freely admit that they're making money hand over fist while I think they look stupid.

I also still don't care for the way that Apple handles notifications, apps and the lack of customization. I think there are easy ways this could be improved upon and the longer they ignore it the more stupidly stubborn they look. And yes, I freely admit that they're making money hand over fist while I think they look stupid.

besides the screen size, i wonder how many of these other changes/features dont come because of patent issues

^^ In the same boat Miguel. Gazelle will take $35 for my crap 3GS, which honestly is better than I expected. 16GB 3GS' are still going for over $100 on eBay but I really don't want to deal with any bullshit.

Bryan, eBay Instant Sale (which works similar to Gazelle) will give you $110 for a 3GS, even without a charger.

http://instantsale.ebay.com/offer/apple-iphone-3gs-16gb/22303/

Why would autocorrect add an apostrophe to "edits" in my post above?

Anyways... is the AT&T "5 unlocks limit" set at 5 a year, or 5 in a lifetime?

I sold a friend a jailbroken 3GS with software unlock a few months ago, and her kid recently updated the phone and killed the unlock so she can't use it on T-mobile anymore. I've been given conflicting info about this from people at AT&T store, and if it's 5 a year then I'll see if I can get the phone unlocked on my side. Otherwise, if it's lifetime then I've already used up 2 unlocks since May and don't want to use up more unless it's for my own phone.

I've also read that people without an AT&T account can call AT&T and have them look up to see that the phone is out of contract, and then get it unlocked without being a customer. Is that true? Nobody who should know seems to know for sure.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Why would autocorrect add an apostrophe to "edits" in my post above?

Anyways... is the AT&T "5 unlocks limit" set at 5 a year, or 5 in a lifetime?

I sold a friend a jailbroken 3GS with software unlock a few months ago, and her kid recently updated the phone and killed the unlock so she can't use it on T-mobile anymore. I've been given conflicting info about this from people at AT&T store, and if it's 5 a year then I'll see if I can get the phone unlocked on my side. Otherwise, if it's lifetime then I've already used up 2 unlocks since May and don't want to use up more unless it's for my own phone.

I've also read that people without an AT&T account can call AT&T and have them look up to see that the phone is out of contract, and then get it unlocked without being a customer. Is that true? Nobody who should know seems to know for sure.

Google is my friend - https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_GB/

This says 5 unlocks per account "per year" if account is good standing, or 5 unlocks per account total if the account is no longer active and no ETF or balance is due. So the answer was both.

Instant sale offered $235 for our 32GB iPhone 4, but this one was unlocked by AT&T in July. So I'll probably try to sell it myself on eBay for more, especially since Apple is selling an 8GB unlocked iPhone 4 for $450 !!! Ours was replaced 2 months ago due to a dead home button, so it's got a fresh battery and everything.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict