Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

From the first page of the article: "That's why a review like this, which compares the iPhone 5 with rival phones based largely on acoustic qualities, runs a high risk of time-wastage..."

Based on that sentence and my measurements, I would say 0.685 smidgens of useful information.

• 3 weeks later...

The thing I like best about Navigon is the 3-D terrain add-on. It does a great job showing the surrounding area. Eye candy? Maybe. But it really improves the UI.

I meant to do some screen caps of the Navigon app. I finally remembered on a trip yesterday...

B046E510-2750-4867-A319-D08AE75613BC-42638-00001E3711450499.jpg

D9C333FA-2859-48D6-9912-DF5E80BE7825-42638-00001E3714EE0C2E.jpg

And on a related note, I don't have much of an issue with the Apple Maps, And have liked it quite a bit when I've used it. But I really think they need a night mode like Navigon has in the above screen shot. Trying to use it at night is painful, and the auto-brightness doesn't even come close to getting it dim enough to keep from ruining my vision at night. And I think they should show more ahead of where you are and less behind. I find the 1/3 behind, 2/3 ahead that Navigon uses is more useful than the more straight-down look that's 50-50 that Apple uses.

Apple maps still places my mother-in-law's home about 15-20 blocks away from the real location, which is unacceptable. I tried checking her address soon after I got iOS 6 because of reports of problems, and I was driving up to Denver to see her anyway. After the discovery I reported the problem to Apple (over 3 weeks ago) with no fix yet.

I've been using Navigon since 2009, and while it doesn't always choose the route that I would pick, it's never sent me somewhere that was totally wrong. Same with Google Maps, which got me all the way to North Carolina and back this summer.

it has a hospital in my town at its old location, it moved a year ago. i reported it on the 2nd day of iOS 6 and it hasnt been fixed yet. kind of a safety issue.

the gas station search is also horrible as it's taking anything with gas, oil, or garage. there's a house it calls a gas station because someone has registered a corporation there that has oil in the name.

Edited by justin
  • Like 1

I have been comparing the Apple and Google Apps since IOS6 came out. Apple maps on the iPhone and Google maps on the iPad. During that time the only issue I had was the lack of a mass transit choice in Apple maps when I was in Chicago. A quick app download fixed that. No other issues so I updated the iPad to IOS6 yesterday. Sorry I waited.

SENA Magia leather wallet case for iPhone 5 -

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Got the SENA Magia wallet case for the iphone. i like to consolidate and have fewer things. This does that -- almost. It can only hold 3 cards, and I typically carry 6. The day will come when I don't have the card I need, but I will do my best for now. The banks could do better here - there's no reason cards still need raised numbers, so they could get rid of those, and reduce the thickness of the plastic. You can fit 2 cards into each slot, but then they wallet will not close properly, and the magnet isn't strong enough to hold it. With 3 cards the wallet is about 3/4" thick. The phone is just thin enough for this to not be annoying in a front pocket. The phone is held into place by an adhesive pad that says it leaves no residue, but my guess is after a year or two it will have caused some discoloration to the anodizing on the back of the phone. Or, the surrounding area of the phone will have started to oxidize and change color. sort of like a rug on a hardwood floor. Will have to wait and see. But I like how the tape method doesn't add any additional thickness. I don't like the "Genuine Leather" stamp on the inside. It makes the product look cheaper than it really is.