Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Here are the results from my appointment at the Apple Store.  The Genius quickly decided that the phone was broken and looked up the warranty status.  Since this was a replacement for a previously damaged phone, it was out of warranty even though it was under a year old.

The Genius immediately attempted to upgrade me to another iPhone.  I said no thanks and today bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.  Hopefully it will be more robust than the iPhone 3GS phones I had.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Considering who it is coming from, odds are it does work. Had it been from "M" (who for some unknown reason bought "N" to get back into the phone business), I wouldn't give it as good of odds...

And Ken, you should send the Genius a thank you note for upgrading you to a competitor :laugh:

Edited by Pars

:unsure: Am I the only one utterly underwhelmed by the 4S, 5 and now 5S?

I've been wanting to stick with Apple for its software mainly, but I can't wait for another iteration to upgrade. I may have to go droid which I really don't want to do. The screen is eye torture small for me. And have we reached the saturation point where everything just gets a bit faster and more megapixels for each iteration? 

Edited by robm321

:unsure: Am I the only one utterly underwhelmed by the 4S, 5 and now 5S?

I've been wanting to stick with Apple for its software mainly, but I can't wait for another iteration to upgrade. I may have to go droid which I really don't want to do. The screen is eye torture small for me. And have we reached the saturation point where everything just gets a bit faster and more megapixels for each iteration? 

Not at all.  I still have a 4S (non-Verizon and still in use, Nate) and I don't really see what the 5S gives anyone other than fingerprint detection, which seems pointless.

Actually, the fingerprint detection, to me, is a big deal.  I would use that shit all the time.  I am constantly buying music, movies, games, etc. on my device AND LOCKING it for and from a certain Little Monkey.  Not having to enter in my password all the time would be real nice.

Until some mugger steals it and cuts off my thumb.

• Like 1

Yeah, have to admit as much as I liked the iPhone 5 feel (especially when outside a case), every stretch of the thumb or wrap around of my pinky, to push some corner button opposite my palm makes me miss the 3.5" screens. Go big with two hands or stay with one. I have long fingers and 4" screen feels in between. 

EDIT: Or I guess the coders could place the interactive components within a reach range and the full-screen would be there for the eyez. 

Edited by blessingx

Even I agree.  If you want a bigger screen, just get an iPad mini.

I did hear that Apple is testing screens as large as 6 inches, but if they're going to do that, they should bifurcate and sell smaller regular-sized ones and phone-blet-sized ones.  The larger ones aren't for everyone, I'll be the first to tell you that.

Actually, the fingerprint detection, to me, is a big deal.  I would use that shit all the time.  I am constantly buying music, movies, games, etc. on my device AND LOCKING it for and from a certain Little Monkey.  Not having to enter in my password all the time would be real nice.

Until some mugger steals it and cuts off my thumb.

This.

I just can't justify upgrading when my phone is still working.

Even I agree.  If you want a bigger screen, just get an iPad mini.

I did hear that Apple is testing screens as large as 6 inches, but if they're going to do that, they should bifurcate and sell smaller regular-sized ones and phone-blet-sized ones.  The larger ones aren't for everyone, I'll be the first to tell you that.

I think you got it right. Keeping the screen small clearly has something to do with not wanting to satisfying enough to cut into iPad and mini sales. 

Almost all other phones are giving the real estate desired by the masses.