Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Ok, maybe hate is a little too strong.  I am just tired of the Apple vs the world war.  Constructive criticism is fine.   I personally was hoping that Swype on iOS would work well since I loved using Swype on Android (until it no longer worked).  It too bad if it doesn't.  

Edited by shellylh

Sure, some of the features have been on Android for years, but there are many that Android doesn't have built in yet. Why all the hate?

No hate. I just think it's funny that the guy doing the video was wowed by viewing a list of apps and having it tell him how much battery they were chewing. That's been around for ages on other platforms.

And because it's fun to wind Jacob up. I'd have laid good $ that'd he'd be the first to reply and claim that apple did it better. Apple clearly innovates very well but it cheapens them in general when they claim innovation for stuff that is just old news. It's about damn time they figured out a predictive text bar, my goddamn flip phone had that.

• Like 3

Ok, maybe hate is a little too strong.  I am just tired of the Apple vs the world war.  Constructive criticism is fine.   I personally was hoping that Swype on iOS would work well since I loved using Swype on Android.  It too bad if it doesn't.  

Phones have become the modern religion, for whatever reason.

Phones and their Os's are just tools. Pick the best tool for the job.

Some tools are imperfect.

However marketing / branding would like to have us self identify by our purchases. 

Which leads to polarization. with no room for nuance.

"You're either with us, or against us"

and absolutism and rejection of facts (and history)

"We have always been at war with Eurasia".

So then its just a matter of taste, and preference.

And we can agree to disagree, can't we. :)

4830.jpg

Anyone know how to bring back the microphone to dictate instead of typing stuff? It seems to have been replaced by the stupid emoticon button that I couldn't care less for.

The microphone button is still there on mine.

Use Spring in Cincinnati, and you can at least recapture the horrendous Spring network part.

No thank you.  One good thing about the horrendous Sprint network was that it gave me an excuse to miss non-critical work calls.

Edited by Salt Peanuts