Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

As I said before Al, I'm sorry.

Nate, some of the people just had it in their side pockets - not sitting on them. Might be a matter of the metal bending with the heat from the body over a prolonged period of time. My dad keeps it in his dress pants side pocket and it has developed a curvature over the past few days.

My parents and sister got the 6+ the day it came out but my dad is going to try returning it tomorrow. His is slightly bent - he thought the curve was meant to be there as an ergonomic feature... His work does not pay for any repairs or replacement phones so he will likely just go back to a 5S or 5 which had no such issues.

Yes, if you purposely try to bend the phone, or you sit on it, it will deform.  It's better than having the glass shatter, which happened to a student at my college, when they managed to sit on their Note.  No design is going to be perfect.  If you want a giant phone that is also very thin, don't try to bend it, and don't sit on it.  This isn't rocket surgery.

Agreed on all accounts, except for the first line - phones bending haven't been an issue so far but they also haven't been this large before (from Apple). Is it preferable to having the glass shatter? Absolutely. But I also think that if I were paying $950 for a phone, I would have preferred the metal be slightly less prone to bending even if it came at the cost of weight or thickness. Perhaps that is the price we pay for form over function. Given that phones, more often than not, reside in our pockets for a sizable portion of the day, I don't think that that is an unreasonable request. 

Rocket surgery sounds infinitely more interesting than 2nd degree av blocks. 

Edited by crappyjones123

I imagine that the vast, vast majority of owners will have no problems. I don't understand why you seem to take such perverse pleasure in this, however. It doesn't reflect well.

I copy/pasted the text I sent to my sister who was gloating about how she had a new toy and I didnt. perhaps the post here could have done without the 'hahahahaha.' Not the time or place I guess.

Oh boofuckinghoo, Jacob. I have no idea why your so damn combative in this thread, it does not reflect well either. I've had many phones, including an iphone and none of them ever bent despite being put through far worse than sitting on them. Is that luck? Perhaps. But is it really such a stretch to think that some manufacturer (and it doesn't matter who) pushed the envelope of thin/light too far? I'm not saying it has happened and I'll be surprised if it did, honestly, but the vehemence with which you respond to pretty light-hearted posts is fucked up.

Crappy, your post was fine, fret not. Your cheerios lacked the requisite piss this morning, clearly.

Al, isn't this just an opportunity for Sammy to sue Apple for infringement on their flexible phone concept? See the good in the bad, my lawyerly friend.

• Like 2