Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Yeah, I had a phone like that (although not a Nokia).  Not a trillion pieces, but one crucial one -- the tab on the battery compartment disappeared and the phone was never the same again after that.  The antenna (do you remember antennas?) also wouldn't extract as easily ever again.

But dude, it's a joke.  It's not a serious comparison.  Look at the X-ray, it's hilarious.

Also, I didn't realize the 6+ is the same size as the Note II -- I could probably bend the Note II in my back pocket, even with my convex concave form-hugging ass.

I tried my friend's iphone 6+ today and liked that it was less wide that the Note (whatever number) that I tried.  It is still way too big for me but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  For example, I could hold it as a phone without worrying about dropping it.  I couldn't however reach even half way up the screen with one hand (so even the home button software help didn't help).  

Crikey ... I go away for a while and all kinds of shit breaks loose.  Big and too big iPhones - even too big for Mikey's ass and Shelly's hands.  What the actual fuck is this world coming to?

Nice to be back, people.  I need me some 1st world problems right about now.  Love and missed you all.  Happy to be back in the HC.

• Like 7

i went to the dark side and ordered a Galaxy Note 4 on the 1-year upgrade path. I have a Note 2 that has been in a box for the past 2 years which i used for testing Pico DAC compatibility. At the time, none of the games i was playing (like Simpsons: Tapped Out) were even available on Android. Now I have trouble finding an app that isn't on both. The big screen is nice, I like the pen and being able to create files and do what I want with them. the downside is I'll have to stop using iMessage on the phone, which probably means trying to use it on the Mac and iPad will do more harm than good. and no iCloud apps either, though they generally kind of suck and are limiting. I may just keep an old iPod Touch in my car to use Find my Friends app, with a wifi connection from the Note 4.

• Like 1

I'm having an issue in ios8 (on the iPad) where if I have multiple windows open in safari the first window goes blank and won't display the page. If I view all the tabs it still has the page three but when I select that tab it's just a plain white screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Marc, I'm not sure.... it was just one of the things mentioned in the first few links I found related to Safari having blank tabs.  Basically what happens is that I'll be in Safari and either by clicking a link or simply wanting to open a second tab I'll start looking at another page and then after even as short a time as a few seconds I'll close the second tab and when the browser returns to the first it'll be a black page.  If I click the + symbol to add another tab I can see the live page that should be displayed but as soon as I choose it the content goes black again.  Refreshing the page doesn't even help.  It reloads everything but refuses to display the page.  It only happened a few times during the first few days of use but has been pretty annoying lately.  I just did a full power cycle so hopefully that fixes it and it was just a random bug.  

Similar issue on my iPad 4 here, Nate. It has happened often enough that my fingers close and reload on a new tab without thinking about it when it happens. Still annoying, though.

I've also had issues where links wouldn't respond right after a page has loaded until I move the screen in one direction or another.

Haven't noticed either issue on my 5s, but I don't use it as much to browse the web. I have noticed auto-rotation has been been buggy/unresponsive on both iPad and 5s.

Edited by Salt Peanuts