Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I have the apple leather case. Expensive but I got a $50 gift card for some reason when getting a new phone so just go the one at the store. Works well enough. Only issue is that the jh16 jack does not go in all the way. In the store someone else had the same case and when I tried it on theirs, it went in just fine. Minor product variation I guess. 

I have the same case on my 6+. It helps a ton with being able to grip the big phone and I would highly recommend it.

Al I have that spigen that crappy links and it fits well, all the holes match well. The mute switch is a bit recessed once in the case but still works, just need to make a bit of extra effort. There is a bit of a raised bumper that does provide some protection to the screen. The back of the case is not very grippy, something that I feel is required in a case for such a large phone. So that is what I would change is this case if I had the chance (and perhaps make the bumper area I mentioned a bit more protective) The metal edge around the case: I feel does provides a bit of a frame of support and helps with the handling.

Oh, and the other thing I should mention, which I assume has been corrected in the design by now, is that the power and volume buttons needed an extra layer of material to actually function 100%, before this they felt as you sometimes didn't get the desired action right away. (which they sent to everyone that purchased the case pretty quickly actually)

Finally Al, I have an extra one since my wife went with a wallet type case, so if you want it, please send me your addy and I'll post it to you asap. [emoji400]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestions for 6+ cases?

I've got about 10 cases for 6+, but my favorite seems to be the tech21 classic check in smoke color (at best buy).

Edit - i'd like to add that it's almost as thin as the Apple case but provides 360° of protection unlike the Apple case that doesn't cover the bottom. It's not as slippery as the Apple case and so it's easier to balance the phone on your pinky finger without dropping it. And it's a bit less than the price of the Apple case.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

I don't use a case with my 6+. I use a DodoCase Durables sleeve/wallet. I've used one with my iPad mini, 4S and 5S as well. I figure so much went into making the phone as thin as possible, why throw a big case on it. That's what Apple Care+ is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old topic I forgot to respond to earlier:

It's been noted that the stock iOS music player provides too few volume steps.  My work around for this is to use Neutron player.  When you press a volume key, a little virtual dial pops up on the right of the screen that offers much more granular volume control.

I'm still extremely impressed with the stock headphone jack on the 6+.  I haven't yet heard any information in other portables that's missing from it.  All you have to put up with is a more squished oval like soundstage.  But the proportions are the same within the oval.  Since no portable source I've heard is detailed enough to depict recording spaces with much clarity, this doesn't feel like a sacrifice.

Old topic I forgot to respond to earlier:

It's been noted that the stock iOS music player provides too few volume steps.  My work around for this is to use Neutron player.  When you press a volume key, a little virtual dial pops up on the right of the screen that offers much more granular volume control.

I'm still extremely impressed with the stock headphone jack on the 6+.  I haven't yet heard any information in other portables that's missing from it.  All you have to put up with is a more squished oval like soundstage.  But the proportions are the same within the oval.  Since no portable source I've heard is detailed enough to depict recording spaces with much clarity, this doesn't feel like a sacrifice.

The best sounding iPhones so far have been the 4S and the 6+, and I've owned them all except for the original 2G and the 5C. The 6 might be just as good, but I've not spent as much time listening to the 6, but I can say the 6 definitely sounds better than our iPhone 5 or 5S.

• 3 weeks later...