Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Totally happy with the 6 Plus. Browsing forums is perfect. Easier to manage than an iPad but far more real estate than I had previously. It's weirdly depressing how quickly you adjust to the size and start taking it for granted.

Absolutely. I tried to do something on a 5S the other day after living with my 6 for a few months and it felt like an iPod Nano.

• Like 1

I recently got an iPhone 6, and because my music collection on my iMac is just under 64GB, I decided to get the 128GB version.

I'm using my custom UM Miracles with that iPhone, and as well as having a protective film put on the screen, I also got a leather wallet case to protect the iPhone even further.

Before I heard the iPhone 6, I was thinking on getting both the AlgoRhythm Solo dB + Duet to use with it, but because I find the SQ from my UMM's/ iPhone 6 is very good I'm not sure the Cypher Labs gear would be worth getting, however I may get a chance to hear the Solo dB + Duet with my iPhone 6, so if that happens I'll find out if there's such an improvement to warrant getting that Cypher Labs gear.

Here are some photo's of the wallet case and my iPhone 6 / UMM's

post-3092-0-16904900-1420905436_thumb.jp

post-3092-0-18328200-1420904821_thumb.jp

post-3092-0-20868000-1420904887_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For Gmail, just try Google's Inbox or Mailbox, which is what I've used since it was released. I know you done maintain inbox zero, Mailbox may not be ideal, so if the smart grouping appeals to you, Inbox would be a better option. Apple's stock mail app is better than it used to be, but I'm still not a fan. And Google's Gmail app is pretty horrible.

Ok, first real annoyance.  Mail refuses to fetch new messages without opening the app.  This was working fine but changed at some point last night or during the day today so I'm hoping a reboot will fix it.  Still, not expecting this type of bugginess for a native Apple App and my iPad has (to the best of my recollection) never done this.  I checked to make sure that Push is turned on and it is.  That should be the only setting that matters, right?

Nate, is this with a Gmail account?  If so, Google discontinued Exchange support back in 2013 and push no longer works with the native app in iOS (unless you were grandfathered in and didn't change your device).

Weird.  It works totally fine on the iPad.  But yes, it's Gmail and no, restarting the phone didn't help.  Grr.

Now seeing if deleting the account and re-adding it works as suggested by theGoogle.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are harsh.

On Topic - the iPhone's voice recognition is awful compared to Google's.  That's my biggest frustration so far.  It routinely gets simple words wrong, ends sentences prematurely and flat out refuses to work occasionally.  WTF is up with that?  My Galaxy S3 from 3+ years ago was better in this regard... 

You guys are harsh.

On Topic - the iPhone's voice recognition is awful compared to Google's.  That's my biggest frustration so far.  It routinely gets simple words wrong, ends sentences prematurely and flat out refuses to work occasionally.  WTF is up with that?  My Galaxy S3 from 3+ years ago was better in this regard... 

Can't speak to Google voice recognition, but haven't had any of the problems you describe and I use voice dictation on my iPhone a ton.

• Like 1

To wind up my local Apple fanboi, I've benchmarked Siri / safari searches vs Google / chrome searches on the same (Apple) hardware, which shows that it's down to the software, and the back end servers, rather than the hardware being the limiting factor. Which annoys him intensely :)

• Like 2