Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

20 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

All good, received today. Tres snappy. About 30 seconds after getting set up, it was confiscated to make unicorn animojis.

I think its the best device they've ever made. It is just stunning to use. It takes a week or so to re-train yourself to it. Once you do though, there is no going back.

• Like 1

If anybody with an iPhone X also has a pair of Dillon Optics sunglasses, I would love to know if you are able to unlock the phone while wearing them.

I can’t unlock my phone without my prescription glasses. Not the answer you are looking for, but I would assume if you train two faces, with and without, it will work just fine.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been lucky thus far with the airpods and doing laundry, but I have washed, unintentionally, the regular apple earbuds several times in different conditions and they remain.

glad to hear they survived.

I have switched to the sony WH1000XM2 for doing stuff around the house. Likely, it could be the zombie apocalypse going on around me, I would not notice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CD44hi said:

I have switched to the sony WH1000XM2 for doing stuff around the house. Likely, it could be the zombie apocalypse going on around me, I would not notice.

Unholy carp, really?  Tell me more.  My one experience with noise-cancelling headphones is that they seem to actually make conversations happening near me worse by eliminating all the background noise.

That said, I'm happy with the isolating capabilities of the DT1770, so this will probably not lead to a purchase, but I am still curious.

Unholy carp, really?  Tell me more.  My one experience with noise-cancelling headphones is that they seem to actually make conversations happening near me worse by eliminating all the background noise.
That said, I'm happy with the isolating capabilities of the DT1770, so this will probably not lead to a purchase, but I am still curious.

They are pretty good at customizing the level of noise suppression. There is an iOS app that pairs with the headphones and samples the air pressure around you (let’s say for airplane use for instance,) surroundings noise level and then applies your preferences. It is very good. Battery lasts long as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

This thread still active?  It is now...

So I had the brainlet idea to try broadcasting a DJ set using redderp's RPAN (Reddit Public Access Network) system.  I have an older iPhone (6+ IIRC.)  I'm going to buy an Apple Lightning to USB3 adapter (so I can get USB I/O and power the damn thing) and a powered USB3 hub.  I also need to pick up a class compliant audio interface (I needed one of those anyway.)  

My first question is, can an iOS device get stereo in from a class compliant interface?  I see lots of example online, all of which are mono.  

I don't have an answer for you so should probably keep quiet, but there are devices from IK Multimedia, Apogee, etc. for getting stereo (in some cases selling mono or stereo versions) into iOS over lightning, so that part seems possible. Trick I suppose is the conversion and input hardware.