Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

In the months i carried my Original iPhone in my pocket I never have scratched the screen and there never was any protection on it, though i heard and seen people with messed up screens. I don't Think personal it was ever worth buy the protection (probably cause i know i am going to update with a newer model in a few months anyway.)

I dropped my iPhone a few times and the incase "SLider" case I have mostly did its job, besides one time where it hit a corner of a table and gave a nice little ding in the back of the phone...

I never could stand the rubber cases on mine and always preferred my smooth plastic "Slider" case cause it was so much easier to pull it out of my pocket. with any rubber case on the iPhone it would get stuck in my pocket cause of the rubber gripping my inside pockets and not letting go as easy. the trick about a smooth plastic case (which is now the default backing of the 3G) was either know it was easier to handle on a daily basis then rubber it was also more sloppier to handle if my hands with wet, actually thats all the times i did manage to drop it..slips rite out of my hand.

i always had my Nextel's on me Via Belt clip but with the iPhone you would be asking for it to get stolen if you carried like that, always have to pocket it and never leave it around in public.

What are people using to protect their iphones? ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield this invisible shield business sounds pretty sweet. Definitely getting that.

As far as drop protection goes.. Vaja Leather Products these vaja cases sound/look amazing but 85 dollars + a 45 build time kinda kills my interest.

iPhone Cases // OtterBox.com might be pretty money though 50 might still be more than I'm willing to spend.

Maybe drop protection isn't even worth it for me though.. not sure. What have peoples' experiences been?

I use the Power support anti-glare film for the screen and back (mostly on the screen to keep finger smudges from getting in the way and it works like a charm.

iPodTouch Antiglare Film

I use and Incase Slider Case as well.... can you guess what color ;)

Slider Case for iPod touch : Incase Products

I'm looking into more secure options for protection though:

NinjaPenguin.jpg

ANyone having the "app cannot be opened" when they try to open any App?

Last night and today i was getting it for Tetris and now its doing the same for Remote, Ohh Noes!

I am syncing my iphone with itunes in a small chance this may fix the issue, i already restarted the phone but no help there....

syncing did not help...

but deleting the App off the phone then reloading it from Itunes does seem to fix the "cannot open" from coming up...atleast now i can open remote after i reload it.

note you may want to keep your downloaded App's from the phone on good back up terms with your mac/pc just in case.

tkam: which apps do you speak of, I've liked a lot of the ones I'm using:

1) remote

2) AIM

3) Aurora Feint (neat little game)

4) Backgammon (although it kinda sucks)

5) Weatherbug

6) NYTimes

All of those apps seem to work fine and do what I expect them to do. Of course I've never had a smartphone or PDA other than the Touch, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I haven't had any freeze ups yet, but entering text on websites (like posting here) is doing weird things.