Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Work saw fit to replace my Blackberry with a iPhone/Good. Coming from Android for personal use it's quite different, I like a few things dislike a bunch more. The Good part of it for work is shitty, slow, and unstable. I met the SES that was in charge of this mobile roll out decision and he seemed reasonably intelligent but this platform sucks for what we I do.

Edited by Dreadhead

• 4 weeks later...

A bit unrelated, have scheduled the replacement of iSight cameras for both phones here. These are included in the possibly defective batch. I know for sure Julie's camera is wacky. Mine seems fine. After talking with the Apple Store people they actually advice a replacement on both, even if mine appears fine, since they are offering the work under the recall, they advice to just get it done. So have one appointment on for next weekend for one and need to schedule the other one.

So Zoe was having a sleepover and they were all filming with a friend's iPhone 5. Someone knocked it down while recording and the screen went black and now it won't cut on. I tried the basic stuff like power button/home button pressing at the same time, but it won't come on. There were some beeps made when it was plugged in, but that's all I get. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction to try to get this going before the parents get here? (They already know and the kid is upset about it, but trying to salvage something here.)

Thanks.

**BRENT**

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ I saw it, but was completely underwhelmed by it.  A 6s with 4" screen would have been worth the consideration, but a 6 with 4" screen is a complete non-starter for me, especially considering that new models will be arriving in 6 months.  The next time I upgrade, I'm going to go with a Plus model (I can't use 4.7" screens comfortably with one hand, might as well go bigger if I'm need to use two hands anyways), unless they release top models with a 4" screen.

1 hour ago, EdipisReks said:

I find dress pants to have pretty voluminous pockets, by and large.  My Abboud Chinos are fairly fitted, and the 6S+ has plenty of room in those, too.

My pockets are plenty big, but it's not comfortable sitting down in the front, and I worry about bending or cracking it in back.  Plus the front ones are already dedicated.

(And for reference, I'm talking about my Galaxy Note 4, also a larger phone.)

• 3 weeks later...

My iPhone 5, three years old already, yesterday gave errors trying to place calls. After reboot, it won't unlock the SIM card, so it works, it can use Wifi and apps, but the telephone part is dead. I've rebooted several times with the same results. Do SIM cards go awry and produce errors like this? I can't try with another card since the iPad (same telephone number and connection) is larger than iPhone's. The cellular account should be good, the iPad can connect to the service provider.

Maybe a reminder to get a new one, however the 6 is too large, I love the smaller format of the 5 :sadcat: