In praise of Canz3D, crossfeed for OSX

Canz3D Homepage

I recently obtained my first significant set of headphones, Ultrasone Pro 750s. I selected these specifically for music production, mixing and pre-mastering in a hobbyist/enthusiast capacity. Due to my present living situation, closed headphones are my only option.

Mixing and mastering in headphones has long been considered impossible. But I thought that I did my homework, and that the 750s would overcome the historical limitations. Instead, I've proven to myself that producing and mixing a song entirely within these 750s results and a track which does not translate to speakers at all. I was sad. I thought I was going to have to spend more money on "better" headphones, and get a "better" DAC, etc.

But then I did some more research and stumbled upon this article from Sound on Sound, Mixing On Headphones.

So, with the right approach, getting it right in the cans can result in an even better speaker experience

I am not in any way connected to the developer, merely a fan of the software.

I must admit I find it hard to believe that you would make your first post on a forum something so detailed including pictures that practically reads like an ad unless you were in some way connected to the developer.

I must admit I find it hard to believe that you would make your first post on a forum something so detailed including pictures that practically reads like an ad unless you were in some way connected to the developer.

I'm new to head-fi as well. I found both forums while I was researching Ultrasone. I found something that made my listening experience better and decided to share it with head-fi and head-case.

I haven't posted this over at gearslutz (I'm merely a lurker there as well) because all of the professional mix engineers and mastering engineers would laugh at me for trying to mix with headphones.

But it seems like the headphone crowd likes crossfeed. In my search for a way to fix need to mix in headphones with the impossibility of mixing in headphones I researched crossfeed processors. I found a nice software crossfeed plugin, made it work without spending any additional money (beyond the plugin's $10 registration fee), and decided to share exactly how to do it.

If I didn't explain it all up front, I'd have to explain how to use it later on in the thread, so it's all there. I write technical documentation as part of my day job, so I'm sorry if it looks like something it isn't.

Anyway, my bad. Next time I'll use improper punctuation, lots of smilies, and make fun of Bose.

I expected to be attacked for my open declaration of being an Ultrasone Pro 750 owner, rather than the presentation of my post, but whatever. ;)

Anyway, my bad. Next time I'll use improper punctuation, lots of smilies, and make fun of Bose.

i may snap if you make fun of bose, so please don't. it's such a rookie, fit in with the crowd, move at the other place that it's sickening to see it pop up as much as it does.

That's what I thought and why I moved the thread.

am I the only one who thinks the name Canz3D is hilarious?
And first thread -- although at least written in complete sentences -- is "in praise of Canz3D", I.E. "in praise of me".

Canz3D -- we should explain something -- we got nothing against Members of the Trade, and street teaming, and praising your own gear. It is by all means encouraged to introduce us to your wares, especially if they are something we are not yet aware, and could possibly be good. What we hate, is when people pretend not to have any financial association with the vendor. So by all means, come out, it'll gain you some brownie points.

Oh, and welcome to head-case, hope you have thick skin (because if there are any faults in your wares, we'll point them out, too).

And first thread -- although at least written in complete sentences -- is "in praise of Canz3D", I.E. "in praise of me".

Canz3D -- we should explain something -- we got nothing against Members of the Trade, and street teaming, and praising your own gear. It is by all means encouraged to introduce us to your wares, especially if they are something we are not yet aware, and could possibly be good. What we hate, is when people pretend not to have any financial association with the vendor. So by all means, come out, it'll gain you some brownie points.

Oh, and welcome to head-case, hope you have thick skin (because if there are any faults in your wares, we'll point them out, too).

It's obvious that I will be unable to convince anyone that I am not the developer of Canz3D or that I am otherwise not getting a cut of his $10 license.

You win, despite being incorrect. I don't blame you for your position in general, though you are mistaken in this particular case.

There's really nothing more to say. Pretty ridiculous situation, tbh.

• 1 month later...

It's obvious that I will be unable to convince anyone that I am not the developer of Canz3D or that I am otherwise not getting a cut of his $10 license.

You win, despite being incorrect. I don't blame you for your position in general, though you are mistaken in this particular case.

There's really nothing more to say. Pretty ridiculous situation, tbh.

Since noone else said it, welcome to Head-Case. I'm sure you've already familiarized yourself with our motto: "Sorry about your thin skin". ;)

It's true that your first post which is essentially a HOWTO to a previously not discussed product here seems a bit fishy to a lot of members here. It's not something I'd recommend other newcomers to do. That being said, however, I encourage you to participate in the daily posts and carve your own identity here. You'll find that people here are as quick to forget early mistakes as long as you're humble about it as they are eager to throw you to the sharks if you aren't. :police:

I for one hope that you'll stick around and participate in the fun here. Since you happen to like Ultrasone, I'm afraid you'll be the end of quite a few jokes from time to time, though. Just hang in there. We're quite a bunch. ;D

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...