Other insane hobbies

Dusty Chalk

Believe it or not, there are other hobbies more insane than this one. Microphones, for example -- there are people who collect microphones. This one, for example, is, offhand, the most expensive one I could find in a readily available catalog -- which means there are easily more expensive ones that aren't in the catalog:

ImageFromDB.aspx?imgid=6160

What else you got?

Well, this is my current money pit... my 8th Jeep in 13 years, and one of two I have right now!

1144629286_jeep_up_close.jpg

It's a '62 JEEP CJ-5 Universal I had shipped up from SC. I looked for months up here in New England, but there's nothing more than 10 years old that doesn't have way too much rust to consider. It's hardly perfect, but I lucked out that it doesn't need much, and there's no rust at all. But unfortunately nothing on a 45 year old vehicle comes cheap!

Anything and everything otaku. I'm an anime junkie. Watching anime every single day for the past five years, having anime music constituting more 2/3 of all my music, wall scrolls hung on the walls, numerous figures on bookshelves and desks, anime fanbooks, mangas, and doujinshi everywhere. Pwahaha. :angel:

Anything and everything otaku. I'm an anime junkie. Watching anime every single day for the past five years, having anime music constituting more 2/3 of all my music, wall scrolls hung on the walls, numerous figures on bookshelves and desks, anime fanbooks, mangas, and doujinshi everywhere. Pwahaha. :angel:

Get a life! :laugh:

Get a life! :laugh:

I know! My friends are horrified. My parents think I'm on drugs. I have to change my habit of watching anime all the time or I'm not going to survive college. Not mentioning, somebody would probably beat me up for being so weird. :dance:

One of my buddies here at the university is ridiculously into anime and manga as well. He doesn't have figurines or wall scrolls or anything, but on any given day, at any given time, if you were to guess that he was watching anime, you'd probably be right.

Yeah, but do you have a Guts plushie?

Well, this is my current money pit... my 8th Jeep in 13 years, and one of two I have right now!

It's a '62 JEEP CJ-5 Universal I had shipped up from SC. I looked for months up here in New England, but there's nothing more than 10 years old that doesn't have way too much rust to consider. It's hardly perfect, but I lucked out that it doesn't need much, and there's no rust at all. But unfortunately nothing on a 45 year old vehicle comes cheap!

mmmm CJ-5 .... ZJ guy here... we have 3 :D

Mine is longarmed - stroked and supercharged - rolling on 35s ;) ... speaking of a money pit jeez ... my welder cost more then my entire audio rig :D

mmmm CJ-5 .... ZJ guy here... we have 3 :D

Mine is longarmed - stroked and supercharged - rolling on 35s ;) ... speaking of a money pit jeez ... my welder cost more then my entire audio rig :D

Yeah, my other rig is a WJ... it's nice to be able to put the CJ up for the winter.

I'd love to see the ZJ! A welder's on the list of things to get!

Yeah, my other rig is a WJ... it's nice to be able to put the CJ up for the winter.

I'd love to see the ZJ! A welder's on the list of things to get!

Its a hover jeep right now (I was rebuilding the joints on the longarms while I was home over break but ran out of time) ... I have its little brother here at school... only has 32s. Ill have to get some pics when I get back home... I just got a camera not too long ago :D

Believe it or not, there are other hobbies more insane than this one.

What else you got?

Locks -

Upwards of 75. I'll post a picture sometime. My collection of lockpicking tools is also pretty substantive.

Lasers - 180mW green, plus ILDA 40K-capable galvos, bILDA DAC in progress

Camera equipment -

Nikon D70

Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S ED IF

Nikon 85mm Tilt-Shift (PC) f/2.8 ED (not AF)

Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AF-D VR ED

Nikon 50mm f/1.4

Nikon SB-800, SC-28 Off-Camera TTL Shoe Cord, dinky but nevertheless useful flash-mounted softbox

Brand-X Chinese studio strobe and stand

Photek Digital LightHouse lightbox

Grand Enigma -- what kind of welder do you have?

GE,

My 98ZJ used to roll on 32s, BB+OME suspension and such. In the end it proved to be a platform that just didn't seem to handle abuse very well >:D, I'm sure longarms and such would have cured most of its ills but it was my DD and that wasn't in the cards.

My other $$$ sucking hobbies include: photography (i'm a hack w/ my D70 and small used lens collection) and of course this...

2000 Triumph Sprint RS - lightly modded w/ 21k on the clock (90% mine)

medium.jpg

I take it you were at one point a member of NAGCA or Jeepsunlimited?

I have a Hobart welder, plasma cutter, and mig welder as well as a transportable setup for those oh so fun trail fixes ;)

Hover jeep is my DD while I am home...nothing like being able to smoke the ricers off the line and run them over too :D

I might add 4wheel burnouts are fun while mall-crawling (598hp).

Hobart stick?

Transportable == ReadyWelder? Or lead-acid powered stick?

http://www.zena.net/

Both, but don't get to either much anymore since moving to the S4. Local wheeling space dried up in the course of a year which also prompted the sale of the ZJ, not to mentoin the 12mpg :-\.

Nate

... im getting about that... though I have to run on premium... which is currently $3 a gallon :o