NKOTB - TTVJ/Millett 307A Headphone Amp

n_maher

i think you should combine dusty and token's columns.

TONEPUB is one of the harshest MOT-like posters I've seen on an audio forum. Him and his buddy anachronist have no issues with delving into any given thread and stirring shit up big time. I just think since he is selling a product (albeit a free magazine) he should be a bit more political in choosing the dialogues he participates in.

anyway rega for lif. Hey is it really pronounced "REE-ga"? I always thought it was "RAY-ga", like "Sega".

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
That's one of the stupidest things I have heard today, and you are in heavy competition because I have been watching Sarah Palin try to "debate" Joe Biden. :o

I watched that live via the BBC website. I could hear several times Biden taking a calming breath, or possibly biting his own tongue as she waffled meaningless buzzword hollowness in response to his frankly marvellously pointed, minimally rhetorical articulations.

Obviously its not my election, and personally I'd prefer Obama to win, but what really really frightens me isnt that McCain will win, it's that he will win and then he'll die. Leaving that useless sack of skin Palin in charge of the most powerful nation on earth at a time when it is stretched as far as it is really does scare me.

Palin is a head-case. Can't ban me Nate that's closer to "on topic" than she is and besides I lived in Eagle River Alaska for 6 years. ER is right next door to Wasilla. So I can see her house from mine. That makes me an expert in "Palintoddligy" I do have some crazy stories. Oh and I haven't heard Pete's. New amp but I did almost but one so I guess I'm an expert there too!

• 1 month later...

Got the chance to hear the Millet this past weekend at the Chicago meet.

Fucking amazing. Good lordy, balanced gs1000's and balanced hp2's. Sweet jeebus. What a great experience.

Absolutely zero transformer resonance/coloration that I could detect. My ears aint perfect but the sound was dead on accurate. The clarity and detail retrieval was stellar, but never etched or edgy. Huge open soundstage, top end was great. Similar to the Zana, but outperforms the Zana on the low end, especially with the grados, but being balanced, I understand it can be a different ball park. I wonder how Craig's balancing act compares at about half the price.

Got the chance to hear the Millet this past weekend at the Chicago meet.

Fucking amazing. Good lordy, balanced gs1000's and balanced hp2's. Sweet jeebus. What a great experience.

Absolutely zero transformer resonance/coloration that I could detect. My ears aint perfect but the sound was dead on accurate. The clarity and detail retrieval was stellar, but never etched or edgy. Huge open soundstage, top end was great. Similar to the Zana, but outperforms the Zana on the low end, especially with the grados, but being balanced, I understand it can be a different ball park. I wonder how Craig's balancing act compares at about half the price.

Not sure what the current Balancing Act sounds like, but the TTVJ/Millett 307A blows away the earlier versions I have heard. I haven't had a chance to look at the impressions from that meet but I expect it was good times.