NKOTB - TTVJ/Millett 307A Headphone Amp

n_maher

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do like the look of the older TTVJ 307A which honestly looked very good in person. I know I will be too busy to listen to anything as I run around but I will make it a goal to get 30 minutes on the apex/pinnacle/top of the mountain whatever amp for sure.

30 minutes? What are you, Ingwe?

for what it's worth (and for the sake of clarity) the TTVJ 307A is still one of the top 3 best amps I've ever heard - imo of course. did i like the looks of it? not that much. but once i heard it that really didn't matter because it sounded fucking amazing, even with GS1K which is a rather maligned headphone in general.

the only reason i judged the looks of this new offering is simply because i have no other standard by which i can judge it at the moment. and it's not thaat bad. just sort of "meh" for something that costs 10 grand.

always excited for todd though, as far as vendors go i have considerable respect for him and hope the amp does as well as possible upon release.

and yeah x2 with ryan @ CJ, the best i can hope for is some time with JH audio but besides that, not much time to spare.

30 minutes? What are you, Ingwe?

Nice - I guess what I was alluding to was that I would be lucky to have even close to 30 minutes of total listening time for the whole event, so I might as well allocate it towards that amp...and considering I am an organizer I do what I want!

at $10K, they shouldn't have an issue doing that as their profit margin has to be through the fucking roof.

Please elaborate, I assume that you must have vast knowledge of the internal workings of this product that allow you to make anything remotely close to a substantive claim regarding the profit margin. Me, I have no clue what's in the boxes, Pete hasn't told me much of anything.

If it's similar in terms of profit margin to the original 307A I can tell you that it's probably lower than other manufacturers of hand-built, made in the USA, products. I've actually worked on and repaired a 307A so I'd guess I know I touch more about this topic than most.

Otherwise you win the "Most HF-like" post of the day award, David.