Speakers are awesome.

Fungi

Say what? Alright, yeah, kinda...

Pedant.

And right after you called me an "omni person", which isn't entirely correct, neither. And then misspelled "semantically".

Maybe if I had said, "my speakers don't have an off-axis per se", because as soon as you get off-axis with one set of drivers, you're getting more on-axis with another. Which is lobing. Sort of.

I guess my point is, they're a lot less dependent on listener position than traditional "directional" driver-based speakers.

It depends what you're trying to accomplish. If you're trying to image the band in front of you, then above you would be correct. If you're trying to imagine the band is in the room with you while you are lying down (as I would if I were listening to, say, Cowboy Junkies), then normal positioning would probably more likely accomplish that.

right now i'm listening to Pink Floyd via iPod Touch to Salty's Gilmore Lite to Boomana's HD650s. gotta say, sounds pretty good.

You have to use an iMod with ALO vcap docks and ALO jena cryo interconnects and ALO vampire Senn cables.

On a more serious side note, how do you like the HD650 that boomana said you would most definitely like?