Do I really need two nice rigs?

Grand Enigma

MINIMUM two. So you can at least go back and forth and stave off boredom for much longer. If you are a one trick pony, no matter how good the rig, eventually you'll wonder 1)How good yours really is, and 2)How good others are. With 2 rigs I realized both rigs are darn good, and each brings its own thing to the table - therefore, I'm happy with them instead of spending more cash to get "better." This doesn't count portable rigs, which i think are fine to just have one to float your boat as a necessity of life more than anything else.

Yes. Why? Because no one setup is perfect at everything, so whatever weaknesses the first rig has, your second rig should excel at. For example, if one rig is the most detailed rig you have, but is mediocre on prat, then your second rig should be the rig with the most prat.

And, as others have said, there's no shame in trying to come up with the one most well-rounded rig one can, neither.

what is your second setup right now, billy?

well the preamp changes between the gsx or the ca2, but the power amp is the Adcom gfa545,dynaudio 122 speakers,old mit IC's,cardas speaker cable,and either using it as a computer audio rig or with an old naka cdp I got for free.

like I said its the old stuff I didnt sell yet...

and as far as headphone amps go I can easily switch out any of the "extra" ones I have laying around..

Looks like my rig will look like this:

Dynamic: DA10 >> Balanced 650

Stat: DA10 >> KGSS >> 007 and 404

So I guess its "really" just one rig but with a nice dynamic option ;)

Now thats the correct way to look at it. Now, since we have already determined that only one rig isnt enough, you should probably get another k1000 rig.