John Adams

swt61

How many are watching this saga?

I think there are some excellent casting choices, great acting, great screenplay and fantastic sets. I love that they chose to go easy on the makeup, and let people sweat as well, it certainly adds to the realism.

Any comments?

• 2 months later...

I know this is kind of late, but I was watching it in the beginning, but I still haven't gotten around to the last two episodes. I read the book and overall I do like it. The casting is good, the sets are amazing, and the storyline is of course historic. Overall it is really interesting to see the founding fathers with their triumphs and struggles portrayed on the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the last two episodes last night on the DVR. I totally forgot that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the same day and it was 50 years since the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

There was a long period of time that the series didn't really go into, but both Adams and Jefferson wasn't talking to each other. I know it was over ten years.

Overall it was a good series that I enjoyed.

• 1 year later...
I saw this earlier in the year upon the recommendation of a history professor. I loved every minute of it but I truly appreciate it for leading me to the book which I think is better.

I'm probably going to pick up a copy, at least from the library. Unfortunately, I've got several other volumes in queue... not enough time in the day.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got this on Blu-Ray, saw it upon recommendation of my Cons Law prof. Funny they seemed to gloss over the Alien + Sedition Act and the Barbary Pirates, but go full on with the Quasi War. Especially strange since they introduce John Marshall as the political ally (but not as CJ)