Transporting Gear - Cases?

The Monkey

I used two of the big square Pelican cases (a 3070 with casters and a 3050 that sat on top of it) to bring my gear up to the first CHIUNIFI meet. They worked great as long as you're a bigass dude with muscles bulging out of your clothing. Otherwise, if you are like me they can get a little heavy and unwieldly. They did carry a ton of shit (SP ES1, Headamp GS-X, Eastsound E5, PS Audio P500, a broken down Sanus Rack, and all cables and accoutramonts) and they work well for me since they rode in the open back of my 94 Ranger (suitably locked down with padlocks). Maybe Billy will chime in, I looked like an itinerant MOT coming in off the street. It was November, and by the time I got them from the parking lot to the room I was sweating like the proverbial pig. At least it convinced me that I needed to get off my big duff and get some exercise (or was that just an excuse to spend money on a portable rig?). I also just bought THIS for transporting my desk laptop setup to a meet later this month. It just arrived but it looks like it will work well and is very well constructed.