Grado RS-Zero/1i/3/Surround/0/Mushroom/Thingy/Bagels

Nanoha

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think extremely comfortable Grado with huge expansive soundstage. It's got the Grado house sound, but it knocks yours socks off on first (or second) listen. This was the biggest news of the meet for me.

grado sound but it knocks off ,.. I suppose is about soundstage deepness/bass impact

it's very likely this Grado cans will sell very well, it's nice to know there's still room for improvment for dynamic drivers and designs

I believe it stands for Grado Statement

Oh yeah, that is true.

Secondly, how bout those new Grado GS-1000 headphones!!! That would be short for Grado Statement 1000. John not only made it to the meet but brought his newest creation. All I can say is that it is spectacular - and now available from www.ttvj.com.

Very interesting that it has "1000" at the end of it, like the HP-1000. I guess John is stepping up to Joe and saying "you want ultimate? Well here's MY ultimate!" Good for him!

And a few of us were wondering what this new high-end Grado will do to the prices of the so called "ultimate" Grados... This may be the one measurable impact of the new cans on the used market as I don't expect it'll do much to the lower end cans.

And a few of us were wondering what this new high-end Grado will do to the prices of the so called "ultimate" Grados... This may be the one measurable impact of the new cans on the used market as I don't expect it'll do much to the lower end cans.

If anything, I think it would drive the market a bit for a run on old HP-1000 cans just because some folks might be interested in owning "The Best of Joe" and "The Best of John" and retiring from Grado after that, hehe. They are so different in signature that I don't think the new can will deflate the HP series on the used market in any way.

And personally, I would love to own the GS-1000, get my HP2 in working order, and call it a day. :laugh:

I don't foresee a change in the market for hp-1000 ( rare and joe' sound ) , nor for ps-1 ( "alluminium" sound limited edition)

rs-1 will probably be down for sale on the FS forum for around 500$ , for this remainig part of the year

That's a shame for the RS-1, because the RS-1 sounds like a completely different animal than the GS-1000. Absolutely not the same kind of bass or soundstage, and those bagel pads won't make it sound good, but it's the highest John Grado with the intimate forward sound still, which makes it worth keeping.

By the way, any word on the packaging? There's no way that can is going to fit in the current pizza boxes.

According to a conversation I overheard Sunday this is one of the reasons they won't be available for 6 weeks, they're still working on the packaging, seriously. And I can't remember who said it but someone close by said, "John, don't worry about it. I get pizza every Friday I don't need another box from you."

According to a conversation I overheard Sunday this is one of the reasons they won't be available for 6 weeks, they're still working on the packaging, seriously. And I can't remember who said it but someone close by said, "John, don't worry about it. I get pizza every Friday I don't need another box from you."

Classic! They said it to John's face! No wonder he was wakling around with a funny look that day! :-X

It appears as though, after all the fuss, I won't be getting one after all. A 45th anniversary A-T woodie would take priority mainly due to comfort issues.

Actually, a 45th anniversary can might not come out after all. If not, GS1000 here I come? ;D