Buffy and Angel and other Whedon stuff

thrice

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Season 3 of Buffy last night and I think now I'm going to try watching the remaining seasons alongside Angel, which I've seen very little of, so that I can get the crossover material in proper sequence. I will say that having re-watched the first 3 seasons again I fail to see a show on TV right now that's as well written and performed. Damnit, it was just great.

Agreed. My wife and I have been watching Angel/Buffy for about a year now via Netflix. We love it. We just finished Buffy and we're sad... but we've still got a season of Angel to go. There's some crossover in season 4 of Buffy and Season 1 of Angel and a little bit later, but nothing significant until Season 7 of Buffy and Season 4 of Angel.

If you google you can find sites that give you the order so you don't get ahead of yourself in one show or the other.

Yea, I just hit the first big crossover in season 1 of Angel. It was a pleasant surprise and I was happy with the episode.

I actually found Season 5-6 of Buffy to be my favorite (mid way through 5 and first few eps of 6). Season 4 is was kind of blah for me.

Buffy and Angel are both fun shows. I miss having stuff like that on TV. My family got into Buffy around season 4 because a family friend was pretty obsessed with it. We used to get together and watch it every week. I have all of Buffy and Angel on DVD, bought as separate box sets whenever they were on sale. I still have Buffy season 5-7 to watch on DVD (the sets are unopened!).

Damn that Angel series finale >:(

pvp_joss_whedon.jpg

Aye.

When the L did that Angel boxset come out? I've been pissed off that it didn't appear to be coming out ever, and then it gets put out like months ago (10/07, according to Amazon)?

Why didn't anybody tell me?

And here I am with a $25 Visa giftcard burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks for the heads up on it being on sale, Stephen!

When the L did that Angel boxset come out? I've been pissed off that it didn't appear to be coming out ever, and then it gets put out like months ago (10/07, according to Amazon)?

Why didn't anybody tell me?

And here I am with a $25 Visa giftcard burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks for the heads up on it being on sale, Stephen!

From the "Audio Goodies For The Holidays" thread...

Season 1 is sooooooooo good, though. Not a weak episode among them. I too can't even begin to guess how many times I've watched Season 1. Though the most watched (and listened) episode for me is definitely "Once More With Feeling." My rip of the audio of that is one of my favorite recordings. Ever.

I treated myself to the deal @ Amazon where they had the box set of all 5 season of Angel for $70. I know it's wildly uneven, but a good friend of mine swears by Season 5, and the series finale in particular. I only caught episodes here and there after Season 1, so I'm looking forward to the journey.

I know you posted in there, and must've just missed the post, but it's a few up from you editing one of Jacob's posts for spoilers, so :shrug:

As for Buffy, I have lots to say about the show but am at work so I can't give this topic the attention it deserves ;)

From the "Audio Goodies For The Holidays" thread...I know you posted in there, and must've just missed the post...
No, I remember your post, but at that point, I was still under the impression that it was never coming out, so I just assumed that it was Amazon packaging the 5 boxsets together, not an actual, legitimate boxset. I missed the word "boxset", I think, as I don't remember you phrasing it that way.

Aha. Nope, it's the little cube with all 5 seasons. So if it was on sale even back then, it must've been out a while and selling like shit. I have to admit... it's still in its shrink wrap, though. I'll dig into it at some point. I found out about the sale from aintitcoolnews.com as Hercules has much love for Joss and his efforts.

...I'm going to try watching the remaining seasons alongside Angel...
This is the best way to watch it. Some of the crossovers consist of a character leaving the show at the end of Buffy, appearing on Angel, and then disappearing, in time to reappear on Buffy by the next episode.

You have to watch carefully, though. The one towards the beginning of Buffy s06/Angel s03 when he finds out she's been resurrected is particularly clever. My favorite is "Fool for Love" (Buffy)/"Darla" (Angel).

This is the best way to watch it. Some of the crossovers consist of a character leaving the show at the end of Buffy, appearing on Angel, and then disappearing, in time to reappear on Buffy by the next episode.

You have to watch carefully, though. The one towards the beginning of Buffy s06/Angel s03 when he finds out she's been resurrected is particularly clever. My favorite is "Fool for Love" (Buffy)/"Darla" (Angel).

Is that the one where Angel finds out he's Darth Vadar's son?

• 1 month later...

Agreed. My wife and I have been watching Angel/Buffy for about a year now via Netflix. We love it. We just finished Buffy and we're sad... but we've still got a season of Angel to go. There's some crossover in season 4 of Buffy and Season 1 of Angel and a little bit later, but nothing significant until Season 7 of Buffy and Season 4 of Angel.

If you google you can find sites that give you the order so you don't get ahead of yourself in one show or the other.

I gotta rent Angel and Buffy one day. Those are two shows that many here enjoy. Another thing to watch on my long list of things to rent.