Markl Mods

Guest sacd lover

Guest sacd lover

Oh I cant wait! :prettyprincess:

Take a D5000, give it to Markl :mikey2: and once he works his magic you will receive a headphone that can possibly surpass the legendary Sony R10. :dance:

Maybe we can do a group buy. ;)

I wonder if he will eventually do mods on the Ultrasones? ;D

markl Mods

Due to popular demand, I am now offering to perform the modifications I developed for the D5000 (and D2000) on your Denons.

I liked the results of this modification so much, I sold my Sony R10!

Developed over the course of modifying 8 separate Denons, the specific details of the mod are contained elsewhere on the forum. Based on the positive results from folks who have tried the modification on their own, as well as those for whom I have performed the mods for free, I am confident I can transform your stock Denon into a truly world-class headphone. The current mod I am doing is slightly updated from what was last posted here on the forums, and takes it yet another incremental step forward.

Pricing

Full markl Mod (recommended)-- $160 plus shipping.

Two-Thirds markl Mod-- $130 plus shipping.

Please click on my name and send me an e-mail for more details.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this from a man who posted a shill review of the new psaudio powerplant

and somehow turned the specs into square waves.

For which i corrected him, and he said it was a typo. TWICE

So how do you get from SQUARE to SINE as a typo??

Ah ha, the plot thickens...BTW - wouldn't a square wave be somewhat harmful?

I even offered to buy a D5000 and revise his mods so it would be easy for even non-DIYers to do and get the same sound, because he expressed how much he didn't want to be a MOT and have to take all that money from people. I wonder why he didn't accept my offer?

Anyone can do those mods - at least the ones he posted the instructions for.

I don't get how people could be queuing up to get Mark to mod their D5000 when he went to such painstaking lengths, posting pictures and directions on exactly how to do it such that even a monkey like me could follow them.

My only complaint with the mods is that the dynamat is not a(n easily) reversible mod.

'Doing it right'?

The point I was trying to make is that if you didn't like the Markl mods, then there should be an option to remove them back to stock headphones. Doing it right or wrong has nothing to do with it.

Anyway the D5000 are no longer in my hands. They've 'moved on'.

Oh I know, I just made that post on HF to poke fun at the fact that he certainly does want to profit off his mods once he realized there were enough suckers to pay him handsomely to do it, even though he acted so reluctant about it.

I don't get how people could be queuing up to get Mark to mod their D5000 when he went to such painstaking lengths, posting pictures and directions on exactly how to do it such that even a monkey like me could follow them.

We need sheep and/or lemming emoticons. :sadcat:

I wouldn't have a problem if he were offering the mods based on what he posted in previous threads - in which case it would just be a somewhat expensive but totally legit service fee - but what stinks is that the current version is supposed to be incrementally better than previous ones, and, of course, with that info not being available to the public. That's like giving out shareware.

I say even odds that Markl's mod thread will soon get edited to read "........"

Wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened on Headfi.

I wouldn't have a problem if he were offering the mods based on what he posted in previous threads - in which case it would just be a somewhat expensive but totally legit service fee - but what stinks is that the current version is supposed to be incrementally better than previous ones, and, of course, with that info not being available to the public. That's like giving out shareware.

I see he now has MOT status there. Doesn't that mean no more reviews and no more adding to his "markl mods" thread?

I see he now has an MOT label there. Doesn't that mean no more reviews and no more adding to his "markl mods" thread?

Technically, yes. I don't think he'd add anything more to his markl mods thread unless it's to say that his changes aren't what someone says they are.

this from a man who posted a shill review of the new psaudio powerplant

and somehow turned the specs into square waves.

For which i corrected him, and he said it was a typo. TWICE

So how do you get from SQUARE to SINE as a typo??

Calling the 391 words which actually relate to sonics and are a diffuse load of tribble droppings a review is pretty glorifying. I could write that kind of generic woolly praise material in about 10 minutes.

It still says Square Wave.

He edited the first square wave but did not edit the second.

Pretty pathetic he can't even proof read his own crap.

Anyone with any brains would take what he has said about VD

power cords and Rudistor and assign it to the garbage can where

it belongs. Kind of funny actually.

And yes, driving real equipment with square waves is going to make

all sorts of extra noise, and some equipment might actually seriously

overheat. There are some UPS's for computer use that actually do

put out square waves, they come with warning signs to use on switching

power supplies only. When you get into the 10kw+ range, efficiency

makes a very big difference.