Does MS-2i scale well?

Cankin

I finally sold my Proline 750 and I'm currently looking at MS-2i.

My question is, how well does MS-2i scale? because I'll be upgrading my source(840c) in few months, and I'll be getting a balanced amp(probably a CK2III) few months later after my source upgrade.

Does it worth balancing??

I'm also considering are K501/K601, are there anything I should be looking at as well?

Thanks for your comments~

I've owned the grado sr-80, 225 and 325, sennheiser hd650, ms1 and ms2i. Out of all those headphones I enjoy the ms2i the most. They're an extremely fun and fast headphone with less harsh high end as their grado counterpart.

That being said I can't comment much on how well they scale. I have a very limited amount of gear to use with them. My cdp is mid-fi at best and my amp is only on the good side of decent. I think it would be safe to say that they scale as well as any grado headphone which I'm sure you can find ample information about.

I finally sold my Proline 750 and I'm currently looking at MS-2i.

My question is, how well does MS-2i scale? because I'll be upgrading my source(840c) in few months, and I'll be getting a balanced amp(probably a CK2III) few months later after my source upgrade.

Does it worth balancing??

I'm also considering are K501/K601, are there anything I should be looking at as well?

Thanks for your comments~

Why dont you try some senns? They sound great with the CKK imo

Everyone's been saying the new Sennheiser flagship is coming for a long time. If you ask me, something so widely appreciated as the HD650 will never become obsolete, unless the new model offers the same or better at a lower price (unlikely IMO).

Oh, to the OP, I've liked MS-2i whenever I've tried them, as to how well they scale, no clue (yeah, I know, not helping you a bit). Why don't you wait and find out for yourself when you've upgraded your source (and amp)? Considering their popularity, I doubt you'll have hard time selling them if you decide to get another set of cans.

Oh, to the OP, I've liked MS-2i whenever I've tried them, as to how well they scale, no clue (yeah, I know, not helping you a bit). Why don't you wait and find out for yourself when you've upgraded your source (and amp)? Considering their popularity, I doubt you'll have hard time selling them if you decide to get another set of cans.

Oh that's true, I'll be ordering soon.....thx :-*

• 2 weeks later...