Inside the Reimyo CDP-777

I've been looking for internal photos of the Reimyo CDP-777 since the thought first entered my mind that I might own one. Over the past 11 months when the occasion presented itself, I have done numerous in depth searches for such images, but to no avail. so as far as I know, these are the first internal pictures posted on the net.

enjoy the gut pics of my CDP777...

-4-1.jpg

-3-2.jpg

-1-3.jpg

-2-1.jpg

-6.jpg

-5.jpg

Thanks! These will probably be especially useful to those who can understand what they are looking at...

QFT

Nice colors!

i like the pretty different colored wires. in fact, in certain locations it's like little wire rainbow arrangements. :P

Nice pictures but the player could use some work... ;D

What the hell is that internal optical cable seen in the second to last picture connected to? It looks like it is connected to the back of the transport (third picture) but that is just wrong on so many levels if it is feeding the dacs...

there's no optical outputs on the player so optical is likely feeding the dacs (or some sort of combo of things unseen at that vantage-point) at least that's what we thought, but we also assumed there's more going on underneath on the board's bottom side.

if it's wrong, wrong never sounded so right ;)

Nice pictures but the player could use some work... ;D

What the hell is that internal optical cable seen in the second to last picture connected to? It looks like it is connected to the back of the transport (third picture) but that is just wrong on so many levels if it is feeding the dacs...

Sure that isn't 75 ohm coax connecting the SPDIF output on the back? In which case, that is the right way to do it assuming transformer and interface is done correctly also...

Sure that isn't 75 ohm coax connecting the SPDIF output on the back? In which case, that is the right way to do it assuming transformer and interface is done correctly also...

You can see the part name on the back in the second to last picture (RX176) and that is Toslink receiver. Further to the right you can see a transmitter as well and both are facing the transport area... ???

I don't think it's SPDIF, I see at least 2 optical connections

Why not use ST then? It's definitely a toslink receiver that feeds the DAC but where the other one is going is hard to tell as it is a transmitter. It could be that the JVC drive can only output S/PDIF but a coax cable would be an even better solution.

The Japanese Victor Company (JVC) supplies the mathematical and physical heart of the CDP-777: K2 digital processing as used in their acclaimed XRCD compact discs (Reimyo uses the Extended Version 2.0 form), delivering 176.4 kHz/24-bit performance with an effective data rate in excess of 700 kHz with 4x oversampling.

Components of the K2 Interface

The K2 Interface has three major features:

That explains it but it's still a strange way to do it as many digital components use transformers on the digital line to do just that. It could also be because the drive was designed as a stand alone transport to feed a clock linked dac in the studio and thus making it simpler to build.

It could also be because the drive was designed as a stand alone transport to feed a clock linked dac in the studio and thus making it simpler to build.

yes, it has an external sync-in (for the clock) and digital output--my friend is a composer and he's looking to buy one after hearing most of the big hitters and mentioned that the cdp777 transport could be linked up (big ben i believe) to used in his studio system.

yes, it has an external sync-in (for the clock) and digital output--my friend is a composer and he's looking to buy one after hearing most of the big hitters and mentioned that the cdp777 transport could be linked up (big ben i believe) to used in his studio system.

hey, did you get the numbers off those chips? Just curious if they're BB INAxxx devices.