Is this the anti head-fi forum or what?

Singapura

I've been a regular poster at head-fi and our local Singapore fora sgheadphones.net and jaben.net/forums. By accident I stumbled over this forum and I must say it's nice to add another enthousiast forum to the collection. One thing baffles me though, the anti-head-fi postings. People seem to like to snub at the "burn in rage" or the "Edition 9 love" that apparently is going on at head-fi.com. We've had spats between the Singaporean fora but they seem to be resolved now. I'm probably :horsey: here but what's the deal?

Welcome to head-case, Singapura. There are varying degrees of anti-head-fi sentiment around here, but mostly just frustration. Most of us are active both places, but here, we can express things a bit more freely. There's less hype, FOTM and otherwise, and ratio of members here who have actual knowledge about lots of different gear is pretty high compared to there. That's why claims such as "782 hours of burn-in is necessary before X will sound good" are treated with suspicion at best. There's some b.s. here as well, but mostly of the fun variety, and rarely about gear and never, as far as I've seen, about music.

I've read a lot of older postings, I get where the frustation is coming from. I hope to make some constructive contributions to head-case in the future ;D Like I said I've been censored before by the head-fi moderators. I was the first to write about the Crossroads Mylar and my posting, which took an hour to write, was deleted without comment the first time. There are commercial interests at work on head-fi but that is to be expected. No need for enmity on my part.

• 5 weeks later...

Head-Fi can be a victim of their own popularity. There are a lot of members there who don't have a lot of experience and will post erroneous suggestions, opinions, etc. But there are also a lot of quality members who know what they are talking about. No reason to denigrate the whole forum IMO.

I have to say I've been lurking around this forum about 2 months or so and recently joined. I find that here I can get a true honest straight-to-the-point opinion, and feedback about various different gear.

Head-Fi can be a victim of their own popularity. There are a lot of members there who don't have a lot of experience and will post erroneous suggestions, opinions, etc. But there are also a lot of quality members who know what they are talking about. No reason to denigrate the whole forum IMO.

Honestly HF does that well enough on its own, given that you can't really call people out on pure BS without people jumping all over you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well just found this place yesterday. It does feel like the anti-head-fi lol. What looks cool though is that things (product opinions) seem a little more straight up here. Dunno if Ill get all the humour style though :P.

Well just found this place yesterday. It does feel like the anti-head-fi lol. What looks cool though is that things (product opinions) seem a little more straight up here. Dunno if Ill get all the humour style though :P.

You could start by spelling humor correctly.

Head-case takes a lot hours to burn in, it only gets better with time.