The Menace

n_maher

The Official Naming Convention of Menaces (Menacie?)

The original will always be simply "The Menace". (approx 50lbs)

The most recent incarnation is "The MenaceTC Lite". (approx 30lbs)

The forthcoming stupidly expensive 307A-based nonsense is tentatively called "Colossus". Since the topology is so different I decided a while back to give it an entirely different name. I'm not sold on the current one, but until something better comes around it is what it is. Someone could, if so inclined, build a MenaceTC that would bear a strong similarity to the original and would be even heavier but that amp would look significantly different than the 307A amp. I also won't be able to share the schematic I'm using for the 307A amp further separating it from the original Menace concept.

As for what it takes to be called Colossus, well here's the current pile o' parts.

118365827.jpg

The Official Naming Convention of Menaces (Menacie?)

The original will always be simply "The Menace". (approx 50lbs)

The most recent incarnation is "The MenaceTC Lite". (approx 30lbs)

The forthcoming stupidly expensive 307A-based nonsense is tentatively called "Colossus". Since the topology is so different I decided a while back to give it an entirely different name. I'm not sold on the current one, but until something better comes around it is what it is. Someone could, if so inclined, build a MenaceTC that would bear a strong similarity to the original and would be even heavier but that amp would look significantly different than the 307A amp. I also won't be able to share the schematic I'm using for the 307A amp further separating it from the original Menace concept.

As for what it takes to be called Colossus, well here's the current pile o' parts.

That is one bad-ass pile of parts! :eek:

Sorry to continue the name game, but given the comment highlighted above, I have to suggest

Star_Wars_Episode_I_-_The_Phantom_Menace%2C_by_George_Lucas%2C_1999%2C_Natalie_Portman%2C_Ewan_McGregor%2C_Liam_Neeson.jpg

^ I was trying to remember that name the other day -- thanks!

EDIT: Also: Leviathan.

That is one bad-ass pile of parts! :eek:

Sorry to continue the name game, but given the comment highlighted above, I have to suggest

Star_Wars_Episode_I_-_The_Phantom_Menace%2C_by_George_Lucas%2C_1999%2C_Natalie_Portman%2C_Ewan_McGregor%2C_Liam_Neeson.jpg

Pic didn't show up.

Which is ironic, as "" was the name I thought you were suggesting, which wasn't too far off, ackshully.

(To others -- it was "the Phantom Menace" movie poster.)

Edited by Dusty Chalk