Best SS-amp Today; Cost NO Object?

Best SS-amp Today; Cost NO Object?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Best SS-amp Today; Cost NO Object?

• Beta 22
    • Rudistor RPX-33
    • Rudistor RPX-100
    • Rudistor RPX-1000
    • Rudistor RB-010 (B)
    • RSA Apache
    • Headamp GS-X
    • Larocco Headcode
    • Singlepower SS1
    • Krell KSA-5
    • Naim Headline 2
    • Meier Corda Opera Amp/Dac
    • TooleAudio Balanced Mosfet Amp
    • Headroom Balanced Max

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should probably also go through this list some.

Yeah, been through that yesterday. Drove me nuts! From looking at the specs I just don't know what I'm looking at.

But I feel good about deciding going for the Beta. It would be a very interesting step. It's just figuring out the parts that I need in them and I will need all of your help as I have no clue about it.

I just feel a little stupid wanting to buy such equip and I don't have a clue about what's in there. I just know what I like qua sound...although that's all that matters in the end I guess.

If I would have just gone blindly for the Rudistor I would probably already considered myself in audio-heaven.

It's just that when you find out about something that's supposedly better, well, it has some attraction.

But I feel good about deciding going for the Beta.
Yeah, the Beta is great, I intend to have one some day. When Stephen let me listen to his (6 board version, but I don't remember if it was maxed out with black gates or not) -- using the EMM Labs single box player and W3000's in 4-connector mode, I felt like I was listening to the CD -- not the headphones, not the amp, not the source, but mainlining on the source material.

Wow, I'd be interested in that for the price. =T Possibly even 6 channel?

Once again I'd caution folks about considering what is listed there as a "price" for the amp. There's a fair bit of work and cost left after simply populating the PCBs, I'd say more than half the work is remaining and around 1/3 or more of the total price. Still, it is a pretty good value if you don't want to stuff the boards yourself (which is quite tedious).

I understand that. Case, jacks, and other miscellaneous parts will add up, but that's still pretty darn good price imo.

You're not wrong, I certainly wouldn't offer to do it for that. I just find it somewhat odd that he's offering them like that, I would think that the market would be very limited.

Actually a well built dynafet. Trouble is no one is building them right now, if it is

on justin's list it is likely 2 or 3 years from now... And i desperately don't want

another occurance of trevor-networks plastic and superglued pieces of shit.

yes but until we have boards available, the Dynamite is king of the hill.... IMHO :kitty: