Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap, i was afraid you would say that. SP did my balanced pair. It sounds good though. I will ask him if he did that type of wiring to mine. Anything I should ask specifically?

I guess it is just their method of doing it. Nothing against SinglePower I just figured if you are going to recable them you might as well hardwire them directly to the drivers. I guess they didn't want to do what JenaLabs did... :D

That is just fucking priceless :rofl:

It's nice to see these sheisters exposed for the inept ripoff artists they are. I only hope many more people get to read this and word spreads so they can't screw up any more expensive phones with no liability.

Talk about unprofessional.

I hope we get a heads up when it's posted so we can grab it before the fuckers delete it.

Oh, and nice work Alex.

I do not think it can be deleted. Such a job is an actual ripoff and he wanted to work it out with them before bringing it out into the public, but they pretty much told him to fuck off. He got hung up on twice and then received an email telling him to no longer call or email them that there will be a letter mailed to him.

I will leave the full story to be posted by him from that side.

-Alex-

That's really messed up.

It might be a good idea to digg that upcoming headfi thread rather than digg your page if you want to avoid being associated with it. Then again, could be nice publicity if people are smart enough to differentiate between Jena Labs and APS. The VD garden hose thread certainly got a lot of hits.

As for digging an article. You have to be a Digg member, then you can digg any article that you come across such as like this: http://digg.com/gadgets/Messing_up_a_1500_headphone_modding_job_2

Alternatively, as the website owner you can add a Digg link on your website where people can click. I'm not quite sure how that works. Never done it before. But they explain it here: http://digg.com/tools/integrate

Superb stuff! Good pics and excellent work Alex - glad you managed to fix it!

It's pretty damn shocking that a company that charges so much for their work is so unwilling to stand behind it. They deserve both barrels from their disgruntled customer.

I'd certainly be seeking legal advice if I were he.

Zip ]

I do not think it can be deleted. Such a job is an actual ripoff and he wanted to work it out with them before bringing it out into the public, but they pretty much told him to fuck off. He got hung up on twice and then received an email telling him to no longer call or email them that there will be a letter mailed to him.

I will leave the full story to be posted by him from that side.

-Alex-

Wow! Just wow! It seems their customer service is right in line with there modifications.

I'll be waiting for the story to be posted as well.

I remember the thread warrior05 made about the shitty soldering on his ALO dock.

What a fucking scam these tools are running.

Great work fixing the botch job Alex.

That was my ALO dock that warrior posted about.

Man that was a 13 rounder!

Read this thread late last night...early morning...and was so shocked I didn't know how to respond. Wanted to go hug my R10s. Alex, I can only echo what others have said: great rescue. That R10 rape needs to be posted front and center on every audio forum. Even if the owner can't get his money back, at least he can help prevent JenaLabs from getting more money.

Yea looks like someone beat the owner to it. Do expect a post from the owner himself though as he is quite upset about the whole thing. He will fill in the entire side from JenaLabs that I am missing since I didn't directly deal with them I will leave it up to him as to what he wants to say.

-Alex-